Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page >
  • The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page

• The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page

Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael
    ........No, my DDIL doesn't like too many quilts but maybe she will change her mind once the triplets have arrived. .........
    Anael ... maybe DDIL will change her mind if once you do some special triplet quilt designs!
    Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 AM

OK I have been busy the past few days and am just catching up, someone please pass me the tissues. No joke I have tears in my eyes as I type this, this group has kept me sane on the long days when I am home on my own and DH is at work.
    Apart from my DS and DD you are the "friends" I chat with each week, without this group I would never have attempted either of my two quilts. Thank you so much Anne for keeping us all on track each week and a huge thank you to each and every one of you for just being the wonderful souls you are.
    Will post pics of my last two blocks later tonight or tomorrow, the puppies are growling at me, its dinner time for them.
    I hope someone chooses another project for us to continue with....
    Old 11-15-2012, 04:07 AM
    Power Poster

Whew! thankfully you have your priorities straight .... get away and feed those growling puppies!

Now, do us a favour and show us pics!!
    ..... I can only "imagine" via the avatar! Oh how I wish we could click and enlarge it.
    Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 AM

QuiltE I only have old photos of my "boys" as soon as I focus the camera they move. My avatar was taken while I recuperated from foot surgery and he stayed on my bed with me all day.

So here are my boys,
    Sammy is a Maltese Shitzu cross, he is now 12 and has heart problems. I have had him since he was 6 weeks old and he is the boss. He loves to lie on pillows
    Prince is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he is 8 and hyperactive, he has 2 speeds flat out or stop.

They are so much fun to have around
    Attached Thumbnails d1000002.jpg   d1000005.jpg  
    Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 AM

Cute boys!!! Love both of them. Real characters and strong personalities. Lots of company and they know who loves them...they carry tails, but never tell your secrets...
    Old 11-15-2012, 05:32 AM

Mirab they are precious. Patches can't get on the couch anymore, but when he did, he was always in the position that Sammy is in. Are they airing "it" out LOL? Patches is our last dog, I swear. It's so hard watching them age, get health problems, etc. But then I see pictures of other's furbabies or I see a cute commercial and I wonder.......
    Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 AM
    Power Poster

What wonderfully handsome buddies you have, MiraB!!!!

I SO miss having a dog around ... last one being Patches' cousin!
    Though all of mine were the "best" you could ask for.

And what a beautiful scrappy quilt, MiraB!!
    Old 11-15-2012, 06:04 AM

Mirabelle--thanks for sharing pictures of your dogs. It is nice you can have someone to take care of while your husband is away. I know I enjoy having ours around.

Jan--I had to smile when I read about "Patches being your last dog"...we have already decided we will get another pair of sisters when one of ours dies. We have enjoyed having two dogs around.
    Old 11-15-2012, 04:41 PM

JanRN, Sammys legs are too short for him to jump, he just stands in front of the sofa staring at it and if you don't take notice of him he gives you a low growl and like the dutiful servant you are, you pick him up and put him up on the sofa, where he can stay for hours. When he wants to get down you just hear a little bark, like he is saying come here and you go and lift him off.
    I know I know talk about being spoilt rotten
    Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM

I have just been on Carol Doak's website and her Mariners Compass book is now out of print and there are limited supplies left so if anyone was wanting to purchase the book maybe now might be a good time.
    I bought mine, I thought I had a copy but I didn't, even if we don't go ahead with this sew along I may still make this quilt in the future

There is also a website called Quilting on the Square which has a free block of the month which is called the Compass Collection, I have been downloading these each month and saving them, it started in February so there are 10 blocks already to download, maybe that is worth thinking about as we wouldn't have to purchase any books, everyone will just need to download their patterns and we could maybe make one a week or one a fortnight