Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Tables >
  • Quilting Tables

• Quilting Tables

Old 01-25-2013, 08:48 PM

There is sew ezi, arrow, horn koala. The cheapest are the arrow gidget models and sew ezi
    Old 01-26-2013, 04:21 AM

Here is a link to the table I have - I still love it!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...d-t161455.html
    Old 01-26-2013, 04:38 AM

My husband built mine. Its 8 ft. by 4 ft. Has the well my machine sits down in, and 2 shelves, all underneath. Lots of storage room under there. The bottom part is in 2 pieces, but the table top it self is just 1 piece. Very easy to dismantle and move. Tabletop fits down over the bottom pieces, so very stable. I love it.
    Old 01-26-2013, 06:20 AM

I have a Horn and a Koala Lite, both with lifts. I don't have room for an extension, so I wind up using wooden TV tables for the excess.

I can't find an insert for the PQ 1500. I have one for a Pfaff 2170. Since only one company seems to deal with those who don't need an extension table, but a covering to go around your machine when it's dropped down on the lift, I'm looking for some other solutions. I keep getting told how to make a table to drop the machine down - my lift in the cabinet does that so I don't need to cut anything out. No insert for cutout sold matches the dimensions of either the Koala or Horn. The dimensions on those cabinets are identical. I've also been informed that I need the legs on any table to get the maximum area - the bed of my machine is already level with the cabinet - I can't use legs.

I'm trying a cheap plastic template I had cut - but if anyone has any other suggestions about a machine that is already level with a fairly large surface, I'd appreciate it.
    Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 AM

here is a link to a table i saw online at walmart. I also posted a thread to ask if anyone has tried this table.
    I would use it as a cutting table and also roll it over to my machine when needing quilt support. the height is adjustable. I just wish the price was lower. I am debating whether to purchanse it. It also folds to save space.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sullivans-...Specifications
    Old 01-27-2013, 04:13 AM

They are wonderful in reducing shoulder stress too. I was tipped off about a sewing table that was donated to a local rummage sale fundraiser. $80 later it was in my sewing room, pronto! Makes such a difference in reducing the shoulder fatigue. There are lots of tables on the market at all price points. Good luck searching. Do your shopping online to compare.

Sandy
    Old 03-25-2013, 04:42 PM

Can anyone explain why when I reply to a post it doesn't show up below the post, but instead at the end of the thread? Sorry for being so ignorant. I'm new! Thanks