Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need help with pattern >
  • Need help with pattern

• Need help with pattern

Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 AM

You're coordinating fabric sounds perfect. Sorry I'm no help with a pattern though. I'm one of those that picks a pattern first then works out the fabric! Just can't wrap my mind around doing the other way.
    Old 07-24-2013, 09:39 AM

I think I would fussy cut the second one and once you've done that play around with the rest of your fabrics and see what develops.

Not exactly a pattern, but that's the way my mind works. Lol!
    Old 07-24-2013, 09:56 AM

I like this pattern for using superhero fabric. I have this pic in my 'to-try' folder.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...art-t8001.html
    Old 07-25-2013, 05:29 AM

i made a great quilt of Super Heroes for my grandson and used the magic twist quilt that you can google online. Each of the dominant squares was a super hero. It was great and if I was at home I could send a picture. However basically it was the disappearing nine patch. Make sure that you do not cut up the superhero patch.
    Old 07-25-2013, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Normabeth
    Hi, I went down to the Joann's in Mt Laruel last week. Spent way to much money LOL. I purchased some Batman fabric to make a quilt for my niece's boyfriend. He is a BIG Batman fan. Now that I have the fabric, I have no idea what to make with it. Any suggestions?
    NormaBeth
    I did a Batman top using alternate rectangles of batman fabric and NY city-scape. Just need to quilt it.
    Old 07-25-2013, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie
    I usually let the fabric do the design. I'm making a quilt now for my grandson who loves fire trucks, the other one loves dino's. So purchased several types of fabrics with their love in mind and then just DAUG'd (design as you go). You can also go the Picture thread and search batman. You may get some inspiration. [ATTACH=CONFIG]425637[/ATTACH]
    Thank you Barb and Jaba for pm'ing me on my backwards N. So it is a great thing to post pic before the completion. No telling what you did wrong while working for 10 hours on a project. Going fix it now.
    Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 AM

Keep it simple and let the main fabric be the quilt. squares and rectagles, with some fussy cutting or if there are some super hero's which can be ouitlined, cut it out and applique it on a plain matching fabric. Since the fabric is very busy, I would do small blocks with it. I did another quilt for my grandson with dino's where I cut a large piece and used it as one block (main block) and then outlined-quilted the dino's. Came out really cute. [ATTACH=CONFIG]425852[/ATTACH]

I messed up with my figures so some of the smaller coordinating blocks didnt' match, but he's 4 and he loves it.
    Attached Thumbnails my-quilting-013.jpg  
    Old 07-25-2013, 08:55 AM
    Mae

You could use the second fabric as a panel and cut out one repeat to make the center block of a quilt. See some examples here: http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quilt-...quilt-projects

More instructions are on this website: http://www.ehow.com/how_5901038_desi...ng-panels.html

Robert Kaufman has a free pattern to give you some more ideas: http://www.robertkaufman.com/quiltin...perhero_Quilt/
    Old 07-25-2013, 10:04 AM

I am once again impressed by the QB people.. I went to "Js" also this week and got carried away Isn't it fun?!
    Love the suggestions, pictured and posted!! You all do such nice things and the help is so fantastic!!

Originally Posted by Normabeth
    Hi, I went down to the Joann's in Mt Laruel last week. Spent way to much money LOL. I purchased some Batman fabric to make a quilt for my niece's boyfriend. He is a BIG Batman fan. Now that I have the fabric, I have no idea what to make with it. Any suggestions?
    NormaBeth
    Old 07-25-2013, 10:51 AM

That is just adorable. Thanks for showing it.