Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
free embroidery patterns >

free embroidery patterns

free embroidery patterns

Old 07-30-2009, 01:15 PM

That"s what i thought but Some were telling me not to use the knots But thanks anyway Quilterbee
Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Talk about Deja Vu. There is a pattern on the 2nd site that my mom put on my baby blankets. So lots of these are at least 55 years old or older. Cool.
really? isn't that neat
Old 07-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darlene
Beverly do I just trace these on a piece of fabric held up to the window and embroider? I don't understand about the ironing part? TIA
Darlene
I do it different now and like it better. Print out the pic/pattern.... on table..Lay your fabric over it. I saw thru the muslin just fine. I taped all around it on table. I used a regular pencil and traced it. Took tape off, put in hoop and your ready to go. hope this is understandable :D
Old 07-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quilterbee
That"s what i thought but Some were telling me not to use the knots But thanks anyway Quilterbee
Its all up to YOU.. Its your work. I had a baby bib years ago that my Aunt did. After a few washing, the stitches looked and came loose. BUT That's me. :?
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM

:) Thanks Bev. I will no doult go with a small not because after all that work I don,t want it to come apart. Quilterbee
Old 07-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Banned

Like I said , once your quilt is together, you can't see the knots. To cut down on them , to start take 1 strand floss, double it so both ends are in your hand, loop on bottom. Thread. Take a tiny stitch and catch loop in back. then come up to top and go from there. OR do this on an existing thread in back. Make sense?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 PM

Beverly do I just trace these on a piece of fabric held up to the window and embroider? I don't understand about the ironing part? TIA
Darlene

Before my printer got zapped by lightning awhile back...I would flip the pic (sometimes) so that it would be backwards on my printer paper...or if it didn't matter to the design just print it off...then I use a hot iron transfer pen or pencil (hobby lobby and SOME walmarts have them) to make them into hot iron transfers. I know a light box is easier...but I don't have one yet...and my arms don't stay "up" long enough anymore to tape them to a window.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:46 AM
Banned

Quilterbee , you can leave a length of thread on the back and embroider over it . Or thread in needle and run it through some stitches to anchor it . Annie
Old 07-31-2009, 02:47 AM
Banned

Sorry Bevanger , I forgot to say thank you for the links :oops: Annie
Old 07-31-2009, 04:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
Darlene

Before my printer got zapped by lightning awhile back...I would flip the pic (sometimes) so that it would be backwards on my printer paper...or if it didn't matter to the design just print it off...then I use a hot iron transfer pen or pencil (hobby lobby and SOME walmarts have them) to make them into hot iron transfers. I know a light box is easier...but I don't have one yet...and my arms don't stay "up" long enough anymore to tape them to a window.
I did that too (transfer pencil) but the red made my eyes buggy :shock: I wish they made a black pencil. Anything but RED. I want a lightbox too. I saw one at Walmart I wouldn't mind having