Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • viking vs baby lock >
  • viking vs baby lock

• viking vs baby lock

Old 12-01-2013, 08:18 AM

I have 2 Vikings and love them both. Older one around 10 years old now. The feet and most accessories are interchangeable. You might want to consider this (whether feet, etc that you already have would fit a new machine). Both my machines were new -- the sapphire was used on a quilting cruise (got a fabulous deal on it). My Viking dealer is 30 miles away, and their service is absolutely wonderful. I am presently considering a refurbished machine at their shop. Good luck with your decision.

Linda in Missouri
    Old 12-01-2013, 10:48 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful advice.
    Old 12-01-2013, 06:55 PM

I'd give some thought to how much you embroider versus how much you sew & pick the machine that best fits what you do the most. Sometimes it matter more how much you spend on a machine than the specific brand. For example, a low-end Baby Lock might give you more features for the $ than a low end Bernina. But at the high end, they all do pretty much the same thing for pretty much the same price. Try a few & pick what feels best
    Old 12-02-2013, 09:04 AM

I have had 3 different embroidery machines, the first uses cards which eBay still sells easily but while it was getting serviced I bought the Ruby, loved that machine. Last yr I had an offer on the Diamond Deluxe which uses up to the largest hoop there is for this type of machine and love, love love it. My designs look the same on the top and bottom of fabric; so easy to use. I rarely ever use my small hoop, not even my 5x7, I combine designs and multi task. My other emb machine is the #1, its going up for sale since I've had it serviced. Only room for one emb machine, when I also have a regular machine set up plus the Viking Mega quilter. Love all of my Vikings and the shop that I deal with in Carrolton, the best of best when it comes to people and customer service.

The main thing is; test drive. See what a good fit for you is and make sure the store has great customer service from the beginning; chances are you'll need them. Most have great classes. Pfaffs are also sold by Viking now and also in the store I deal with.