Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Got most of my attachments sorted out >
  • Got most of my attachments sorted out

• Got most of my attachments sorted out

Old 12-14-2013, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Minnesewta-sam
    I don't have nearly that many attachments...but I have accumulated a lot of them with machines over the years. Which ones are the really rare ones???? Wonder if I have any of them?
    None of this pile is "rare" and I'm mostly trying to help folks complete sets they already have. I know what I've got, and I also know it's not gold filled LOL!!

Most of this I accumulated with Machines, or in "lots" with other items I really wanted, that were worth the price of the "Lot" to get one or two special feet.

This is the rarest foot I have - the Two Thread Embroidery Attachment, with box, instructions and thread holder.

I think the "penguin" walking foot is the only one that is rarer.

This is my second most rare foot - the single thread embroidery attachment. I have now have one that fits the White (top clamp) machines. I don't have a box or instructions with it. While I don't worry too much about that, it does affect the collectable value of an item.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:03 AM

to think that i am just starting to accumulate all those feet/attachments which i don't even have a clue on how to use. i guess i do have a long way to go.
    Old 12-14-2013, 05:58 PM

Gee, The one job I had for this winter season was to sort my parts/attachments then sell off what doesn't go on my vintage machines. I am still trying to find out about the green plastic egg shaped container --compared to the pink plastic egg that holds the buttonholer. Any help appreciated. I also thought of toy soldiers on your table.
    I have many feet and stuff too to sell very reasonable. I have no "Penguin" walking foot but I am still looking and
    no glass feet.
    Old 12-14-2013, 06:15 PM

The green vs pink is slant vs straight shank units. I forget which is which though. However that does not stop someone from switching them around. It will say right on the top of the buttonholer.

Was thinking " why green and pink?" then realized the early box was green for Straight and Red for slant (301) so I bet Singer continuned with the Green being the straight unit. The directions are the same - they reference both units.

Come to think of it - Singer has always used Green, and then Green/Red on there boxes. Not sure why they went with pink . . .

Last edited by Macybaby; 12-14-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Old 12-15-2013, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike
    I burst out laughing when I saw this: It looks like a battle re-enactment with model soldiers. Just look at all those cannons!
    LOL! looks like a game battleship from many years ago
    Old 12-15-2013, 03:22 PM

I saw your thread for your attachments in "for sale" on this Board. Good luck with your sale - you have them priced very reasonably.
    Old 12-15-2013, 03:28 PM

Thanks - starting to wonder if that may have not been the wisest thing to do. I expected people to know what they wanted - not expect me to figure out what they should have. Probably would have done better to use them to play battleship LOL!!

On a good note - I've got four good sized boxes of extras going in the mail tomorrow- so the pile is going down some! Which is good because I haven't stopped finding new stuff to buy.