Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ACCUQUILT GO or NO? >

ACCUQUILT GO or NO?

ACCUQUILT GO or NO?

Old 06-22-2014, 02:44 PM

I love mine!! No dog ears to trim, quick accurate cuts, very little waste (do learn to precut fabric to minimize waste) I purchased mine 3 years ago and have collected 35+ dies for it. I am now using it more and more and it does make the tedious act of cutting more enjoyable and certainly a lot faster!!!! Less time cutting more time creating!!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:20 PM

I have a GO, and I use it for shapes...(strips and square - those things I can cut myself) but it is awesome for shapes.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:32 PM
pw6

I have the studio die cutter and love it, you can cut really big cuts and all the strips and they ahve so many dies now and you can have them make any you want.. I had the double wedding ring die made.. you spend money but it lasts forever and they never need replacing. I have had mine for over 6 years now and still have dies that have never been used.. LOL but will get around to all of them one day.. the Go uses a plastic over the dies and they wear out very quickly.. never with the studio
Old 06-22-2014, 04:00 PM

If you're only wanting it for cutting strips, either invest in creative grids rulers that don't slip or buy a June Tailor Shape Cut Plus ruler. Seriously not worth the $$$ just for strips!
If you might like to do applique its a better buy, but you are limited to their designs.
If you like applique and would like to resize or do your own design, the Scan n Cut is phenomenally good.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:46 PM

I have one and I seldom use it. It works. I have all the strip dies but I rarely use them because I make scrap quilts and I only need one strip of each fabric. I totaled up my investment I have over $900. Sometimes I bought a die thinking I would make the quilt and then I never got around to it. I rarely make the same quilt more than once.

I know people like it and there is a yahoo group which is very helpful. You can cut with little waste. But for me I am disgusted that I spent the money.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pagzz View Post
I have one and I seldom use it. It works. I have all the strip dies but I rarely use them because I make scrap quilts and I only need one strip of each fabric. I totaled up my investment I have over $900. Sometimes I bought a die thinking I would make the quilt and then I never got around to it. I rarely make the same quilt more than once.

I know people like it and there is a yahoo group which is very helpful. You can cut with little waste. But for me I am disgusted that I spent the money.
Why not cut a lot of strips and and just use one in each quilt? Seems perfect sense to have lots of strips pre cut so you can pick one from each fabric when you need it as you already have the die and machine.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:14 PM

I don't even know how long I've had mine (6 years, maybe? more?)... and I love it!!! I use it for the strips, and applique shapes both - and I ESPECIALLY like it for the HST's, as the dog ears are already cut off and help with the alignment. If I'm doing HST's, I go ahead and put my fabrics right-sides-together and cut them at the same time, that's another step taken care of. The only thing that I am a little dissatisfied with is the plastic-type sheet that you put over the top when cutting - they do seem to wear out rather more quickly than I would like. Two of my favorite dies are the Dresden Plate and the Double Wedding Ring. Both of these were impossible for me before I got the dies - now they're both a dream!!
Old 06-22-2014, 05:57 PM

I love mine. the accuracy of the strips and squares is great, much better than i can do. i have the 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 strips, the one that comes with it, a circle and the snowflake. I use the strips most of all. you can turn the strips sideways and make squares. i use the 1 1/2 alot to cut fleece for purse straps. works great.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Why not cut a lot of strips and and just use one in each quilt? Seems perfect sense to have lots of strips pre cut so you can pick one from each fabric when you need it as you already have the die and machine.
Makes sense. I am trying to cut my scraps into useable pieces like Bonnie Hunter suggests. And I know I can cut the scraps on the GO but I don't bother getting it set up. If I have a 6 x 9 chunk of fabric I will cut it into sizes I need quickly with a ruler. With the GO I would have to swap out dies or cut it all the same unless I was using the "value" die which I have never bothered with.

I already have lots of the strips I use 2.5 and 1.5. Like I wrote before I know some are very happy with it but for me it is just a money drain. I could have put $900 toward a new sewing machine.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:10 PM

I have the "GO" and I love it. It's so nice to be able to cut out a queen or king size quilt in just a few hours and the precision cuts allow the pieces to fit together oh so perfectly. For me, the "GO" is a big plus because I have "art" in my hands and there were days I was not able to use my rotary cutter.

My husband loves the "GO" also because he no longer has to try to figure out what to buy me for my birthday, our anniversary or Christmas. And, I no longer need to return something because it doesn't fit! LOL