Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is Quilt In A Day? >

What is Quilt In A Day?

What is Quilt In A Day?

Old 09-13-2014, 04:03 AM

She has ways to do things that are faster.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by helou View Post
Oh I did not know that . How interesting!
I found this video where she shows us her "sewing room/ living room" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSYsA...eAclYo4iGjZc1A
OMG - I would be claustrophobic if that were me.........I'm guessing her life on the boat was a short-lived experience........as she did mentioned "home in New Zealand"
Old 09-13-2014, 04:41 AM

Eleanor Burns is a wonderful instructor not only beginners!@ She was a Kindergarten teacher so her techniques are wonderful for all levels of quilters. She uses a lot of "Older" patterns but has inf\corporated many new. Her patterns are wonderful to work with.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
i just LOVE EB. when she started quilt in a day, it was considered innovative and got lots of folks interested in quilting. her books and videos are excellent.
I agree, I learned a lot about quilting from her back in the old days of the 90s. The station in the states that broadcast your TV shows such as Downton Abbey is called PBS. This network also broadcast EB's show called QIAD along with other well know quilters show such as F&P and Nancy Zimmerman. I love her method of making flying geese because if they are just off slightly, you can correct them before trimming them down to size. I also use her method in making 9 patches.

I would call the technique of trimming blocks down to size to be her technique. Others in the quilting industry do look down at her, but I admire her since she has came up with easy solution that in the end results, you DO HAVE A PERFECT SIZE block!! I have met her on several occasions in the 90s and took one of her test classes to make sure of removing errors in her books. She is charming and is always delighted to meet with her fans.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

A great example for those with very little space. I myself believe clear containers are a key to storage organization.
Originally Posted by helou View Post
Oh I did not know that . How interesting!
I found this video where she shows us her "sewing room/ living room" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSYsA...eAclYo4iGjZc1A
Old 09-14-2014, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mamacandoit View Post
OK, I know this is probably a dumb question but I've googled and googled and not found out...
what is the Quilt In a Day method?

I live in the UK so I've not really come across Quilt In A Day before and to boot I'm a quilting newbie!

Can someone enlighten me pls? Is it a different technique not found elsewhere? Is it the same as Quilt-As-You-Go?

thank you in advance!
Another lot to look up once you've had a look at Eleanor Burns is Nancy Zieman, America Sews Nd Quilter's TV. Happy quilting.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Up4BigChal View Post
Eleanor Burns is a wonderful instructor not only beginners!@ She was a Kindergarten teacher so her techniques are wonderful for all levels of quilters. She uses a lot of "Older" patterns but has inf\corporated many new. Her patterns are wonderful to work with.
...Older.......I prefer traditional....from which "newer" patterns evolve.....oh, maybe I am just being an older lady today...forgive me
Old 09-14-2014, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cass62 View Post
Here is their website, which may explain things more in-depth.

http://www.quiltinaday.com/
I am a huge EB fan, have all her books and watch her shows regularly. Her web site is a treasure of how-to videos, and free patterns. Her method of making flying geese is pure genius now every pattern I see I look for the "geese" to see how I can short cut putting it together.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:17 AM

GourmetQuilter had a wonderful looking lamp in her video. I could not find one like hers. Anyone know where i could get one?
Old 09-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
GourmetQuilter had a wonderful looking lamp in her video. I could not find one like hers. Anyone know where i could get one?
Do you mean the compact folding LED lamp? For those who want to see it (and perhaps aid in the search!), it's on this page: http://gourmetquilterblog.wordpress.com/ in the "Life Afloat!" video about 6:30 into the show. I'd like to find it too!