Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Columbus ohio to New Orleans in March >

Columbus ohio to New Orleans in March

Columbus ohio to New Orleans in March

Old 02-02-2015, 05:29 PM

Thank you all wasn't sure which route we where taking as I wanted to come back though west Virginia to see MIL. Now we have a route. First we are going to Nashville then SLIDELL in Louisiana. We will spend 3 days in New ORLEANS the to Gastonia NC. Our last day of the trip lands us in Bluefield West VIRGINIA. I think Mary jo's in Gastonia is the only shop I lll see. Now I can add franklin Tennessee to our list . Thanks thums.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by skothing View Post
Thank you all wasn't sure which route we where taking as I wanted to come back though west Virginia to see MIL. Now we have a route. First we are going to Nashville then SLIDELL in Louisiana. We will spend 3 days in New ORLEANS the to Gastonia NC. Our last day of the trip lands us in Bluefield West VIRGINIA. I think Mary jo's in Gastonia is the only shop I lll see. Now I can add franklin Tennessee to our list . Thanks thums.
You are most welcome!

If, on your way to Gastonia, NC you come close to Brasstown, NC, stop by John C. Campbell Folk School. https://www.folkschool.org/ Feel free to roam the grounds and classroom buildings. They enjoy showing their facility to visitors. Pick up a catalog at the office. Check out the dining hall too. Sometimes if they have enough room and you're there early enough you can join them for a meal. I don't know the price, but you could call and ask.

My husband, sister-in-law and I have attended a few times. My sister-in-law found the craft she'd been looking for all her life...woodturning. My husband found he loves making Windsor chairs. I have dabbled in needle felting, dulcimer and quilting classes. I'm a butterfly type personality. :0) I enjoyed each of my classes.

Have a pleasant and safe trip!