Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Row by Row Experience  2015 >
  • Row by Row Experience 2015

• Row by Row Experience 2015

Old 08-12-2015, 04:45 AM

I designed one with help from a designer in CA. Tried to include pp. regular piecing and applique. The colors are not quite right but at least you get the idea!
    Attached Thumbnails atthewaterfall-1-.jpg   atthewaterfall.detail-1.jpg   atthewaterfall.detail-2.jpg  
    Old 08-12-2015, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
    I won a week ago, and am still waiting to see my quilt posted. The store has to send the pictures to the "owner" of the state site and then it gets posted. The store asked to keep the quilt for a few weeks, and I didn't get any pictures of it before I took it in, so I can't share pictures until it gets posted on facebook - or I get it back and take my own.
    Congratulations Cathy!! Good to hear that you won your LQS row x row challenge! The winners at our 3 LQS must have been working around the clock to get theirs finished because we had winners within 48 hrs of the challenge starting! I don't now how they were able to collect the patterns and sew them into a finished quilt so quickly but they did and all look great!
    Old 08-12-2015, 05:05 AM

I love those plates, I haven't had a chance to even try to go get any this year though. I still have the patterns from last year - haven't even started a single one! I have so many more intentions than hours...
    Old 08-12-2015, 05:39 AM

I've been traveling a lot this summer so have collected lots of patterns and license plates, but haven't had time to sew a single one! I plan to collect a few from Southern CA this weekend when I take my parents to visit my sister.
    Old 08-12-2015, 06:50 AM

Has anyone been to a shop that has a vertical row by row pattern? I have seen some in finished quilts but don't know what shops have them. I would love to be able to get a couple if I knew what shops have them.
    Old 08-12-2015, 12:51 PM

If you go to the Facebook page for each state you'll see pics of the rows. Someone named Cindy has made up lists of the city, state, shop and a pic of the row for that state. She has not done all of them but quite a few. Those are also on the state's facebook site. I have picked up many this summer and have friends and family who have picked up a truckload for me. Some rows aren't worth the drive, but some are so dang cute. I sure hope they all have them for sale by mail after the Sept. deadline. Right now they will only mail out the license plates.
    Old 08-12-2015, 02:49 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by JudyG
    Has anyone been to a shop that has a vertical row by row pattern? I have seen some in finished quilts but don't know what shops have them. I would love to be able to get a couple if I knew what shops have them.
    I don't think any of them were designed to be vertical but some of the designs can be done that way. I know that the design from Rubys Quilt shop in Tumwater, WA was designed horizontal but I've seen it vertical in a quilt.

Cari
    Old 08-12-2015, 05:12 PM

Go to Google Images, and type in "row by row experience 2015." There are some great pictures of the rows.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...70.QuNlIqe9x-E
    Old 08-12-2015, 05:12 PM

Debbie! That is such a cute row! I love it!
    Old 08-12-2015, 05:46 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527622[/ATTACH]

Here's my Row by Row quilt that I turned in to win at my favorite LQS. The row on the top left was designed as a vertical row. The row is from Stitched With Love in McKinney, Texas (the store where I turned it in). The lower right row could go either way since it's geometric, not a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails row-row-quilt-finished.jpg