Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pythagoran's Lute - Help needed >

Pythagoran's Lute - Help needed

Pythagoran's Lute - Help needed

Old 06-08-2016, 11:08 PM

The right hand shape has 5 stars getting smaller. If you compare what should be the fifth smallest star on the left it is not a complete star. Something seems to be matched wrong there. Oh how maddening for such a fantastic pattern.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:58 AM

Love this pattern. It must have been a pattern error. Time to unsew. I've done it more times than I like to think.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

Your color selection is absolutely gorgeous. Just start measuring each side and section comparing to see where the difference is.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

OK, after my second cup of coffee I can finally see the mis matched colors. I think the problem is not in the 2 sections you have pictured by themselves, I think the problem is the adjacent wedges.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]551877[/ATTACH]
if you follow the swirls down, the 2 that I have boxed reverse the light and dark when you compare the outer most star with the next row. If you look at the one I've boxed in the lower right, the points are light. If you follow this swirl down, the next round has dark points. The reverse is true for the one on the upper right. I think if you swap these 2 top stars this might work?
Attached Thumbnails 000000000.jpg  
Old 06-09-2016, 05:08 AM

Looking at what Paper Princess found, I think there are 4 sets of errors. The 2 I think I found and the 2 she found. This would be a confusing pattern for me I know, but I am almost challenged enough by it to buy the pattern just to try it. Talk about a masochist....that's me!

Edited to add: Would you take another picture but pull all your triangles slightly apart so we can see them clearly? Marion, I really admire you so much for taking on this project. Until I saw your postings I did not realize how hard a pattern this could be.

Before you take the picture, would you completely swap the two that Paper Princess found, so we can see if this is part of the solution. We may have to sneak up on this answer, one step at a time.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 06-09-2016 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
The right hand shape has 5 stars getting smaller. If you compare what should be the fifth smallest star on the left it is not a complete star. Something seems to be matched wrong there. Oh how maddening for such a fantastic pattern.

Thats what I'm seeing too.......now to stop my eyes from spinning!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:14 AM

Now looking at paper princess larger pic and refocusing my eyes...I see where there is supposed to be a "spin" to these stars.....but two spins are incorrect/ broken/ switched......red/white spins are not complete to the center! I cannot do the graphics as she did and my explanation is probably not clear, but I took my finger and followed each trail from outer edge to center ...that's where I saw the "switched colors"
Old 06-09-2016, 06:24 AM

Whew, I didn't see the two outers switches only the inner ones. For some reason it makes me want to attempt this one. What a challenge.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:29 AM

There are 4 mistakes not two!!! Thank you everyone. I'm at work right now so can't fix. But will do that tonight and see what happens!!

it is super hard on the eyes trying to follow the swirls!!

your help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 06-09-2016, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
There are 4 mistakes not two!!! Thank you everyone. I'm at work right now so can't fix. But will do that tonight and see what happens!!

it is super hard on the eyes trying to follow the swirls!!

your help is greatly appreciated!!
Thank you for the challenge. When I make a quilt and know something is wrong but cannot figure it out, I do a photograph. For some reason, looking at it smaller helps me find my problem. I'm sorry you are having to rework some of your quilt, but this has been fun solving the mystery. I am looking forward to seeing the new updated version.