Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need advice >
  • Need advice

• Need advice

Old 09-02-2016, 01:17 PM

I love my EQ7. I scan my fabrics in and design using my real fabrics. The 26X44 panel might not work with EQ7. I think you could draw a 26X44 block and surround it fine, but I don't know how you would get your 26X44 panel scanned in so it would appear in full color with the image on it. Perhaps someone more experienced knows something I don't know that would help. My scanner would not scan an image that big, so it has never come up. Simple math tells me that you need to fill 14 inches on each side of the panel and 18 inches on the top and bottom. That presents a problem when using square blocks because there is no block size that goes evenly into both 26 and 44. You may need to adjust your border.
    Old 09-02-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Innov8R
    I love my EQ7. I scan my fabrics in and design using my real fabrics. The 26X44 panel might not work with EQ7. I think you could draw a 26X44 block and surround it fine, but I don't know how you would get your 26X44 panel scanned in so it would appear in full color with the image on it. Perhaps someone more experienced knows something I don't know that would help. My scanner would not scan an image that big, so it has never come up. Simple math tells me that you need to fill 14 inches on each side of the panel and 18 inches on the top and bottom. That presents a problem when using square blocks because there is no block size that goes evenly into both 26 and 44. You may need to adjust your border.
    I think you are right about scanning in such a large panel--I tried this on a fabric that I was using a large border "stripe" as a panel and could not adjust the resolution enough to get it to show like it should. I have not had this problem with normal fabric scanned in--this was just a very large print.
    Old 09-03-2016, 03:29 AM
    Power Poster

I have EQ6 which I never use. I guess I am too stupid to figure it out. Good luck if you buy the EQ7
    Old 09-03-2016, 03:00 PM

I have EQ 7 and never used it -- guess I'm more into piecing than designing! Others I know use it all the time and love it. There is a learning curve to it!