Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Questions re process for anyone who has sold their longarm >
  • Questions re process for anyone who has sold their longarm

• Questions re process for anyone who has sold their longarm

Old 10-10-2017, 06:01 AM

Thanks for the info about Accomplish Quilting. I just emailed them with info about my machine to get a trade-in value. I stopped by their store briefly last week. They are having a sale all month. Price of the Innova and the Avante are equivalent.
    Old 10-10-2017, 06:28 AM

My experience is when I bought mine. I searched Craigslist for a long time. I found one I could afford about 100 miles away. It is an HQ 16 and the poles come apart in sections. We had a small pick up and it was fine in the back.

I would advertise on all the sites out there previous people have posted. You have to be realistic about how much you will get. It months go by and no one has bought it, I would assume you are asking too much.

Also if you have local guilds, groups, etc you might be able to advertise through them.
    Old 10-10-2017, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer
    would the Avante dealer take as a trade-in? That would be the super easy way.
    When I bought my Gammill used, I was responsible for take down and moving--I hired an area tech to help as we knew nothing--WELL worth the $$ to the tech. We ended up not having to take apart as much as we probably would have otherwise. We paid with check because we were first "vetted" by a mutual friend that owns a quilt shop. That was also the way I found the machine as the previous owner did not want to advertise it as they did not want strangers coming to their house--which sounds paranoid, but they lived in country and had lots of machinery that they did not want strangers knowing about. Good luck! (my friend advertised her machine via local guilds)
    Actually, I don't think that sounds paranoid at all. I think it's pretty smart. When I've sold things on line for pick up, if I don't know the person I have them meet myself and my husband at our neighborhood park for the exchange. Its not exactly a safe world anymore.
    Old 10-10-2017, 08:44 PM

Handiquilter has a Facebook page where I have seen used machines listed in the past.

I bought my HQ 16 second hand just over one year ago. I live on Vancouver Island where there are very few used LA machines. I paid more than I would have if I found the same machine off Island, but would have incurred $$$ getting it.

I was the first of about 6 people looking at the machine and the first with cash. The seller, let me try it out in her home, then she and her husband disassembled it for me to pick up a couple days later.

Oh, the lady I bought from listed her machine on Tuesday, I saw it on Wednesday, left a 10% cash deposit and picked it up on Friday, paying cash for the balance.

Does your guild allow you to announce sales? What about a notice at your LQS?
    Old 10-11-2017, 05:50 AM

I just bought an Innova machine from Accomplish Quilting - in Michigan. (The closest one.) They are taking my A1 in trade, will take it down and set up the new machine. They were VERY nice to work with - poor Eileen has answered SO many questions for me. It will take 4 - 6 weeks to get my machine.....and they say quilters are patient people - NOT! LOL
    I have 2 friends who have purchased from them and have been very happy.
    Old 10-11-2017, 07:43 AM

I forgot to add that I had to being cash. They would not even accept a bank check. I paid $2,500 and was nervous with that much cash in the car. But it worked out just fine.
    Old 10-11-2017, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sewgood
    I just bought an Innova machine from Accomplish Quilting - in Michigan. (The closest one.) They are taking my A1 in trade, will take it down and set up the new machine. They were VERY nice to work with - poor Eileen has answered SO many questions for me. It will take 4 - 6 weeks to get my machine.....and they say quilters are patient people - NOT! LOL
    I have 2 friends who have purchased from them and have been very happy.
    The MI store is having a used sale right now.
    Old 10-12-2017, 03:44 AM

I sold my Voyager 17 on Craigslist. I actually purchased it from here almost 8 years ago and upgraded myself to an Advante w/ Pro Stitcher last May.

I watched Cragslist for several weeks to see what other similar machines were selling for, priced mine to sell at the bottom quarter of what I had seen and specified CASH and that they must move it. I got a call within a week and a couple came from the next state over and bought it on the spot. They even went home with it that day!!!