Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need quilting suggestions >
  • Need quilting suggestions

• Need quilting suggestions

Old 01-21-2019, 09:10 PM

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for the quilting, but I wanted to say that this is an adorable quilt, and the fabrics are just yummy. Have you ever checked out The Inbox Jaunt blog by Lori Kennedy? She has tons of free tutorials for FMQ designs with step by step photos. http://theinboxjaunt.com/

Leslie
    Old 01-21-2019, 09:48 PM

If you can follow a pantograph, you can follow a drawn line on your quilt when quilting. Perhaps you would be more comfortable making a template out of cardboard that you can trace onto your quilt, so you have something to follow. For example, you could make ornaments or trees and embellish them with free hand work (thinking on your border), or a ribbon you've drawn or found a picture of one you can trace to make a template from and draw onto your quilt (think inside the bow on the presents). You can find printable images online that you can resize to your needs with your printer. Ribbon candy or wishbones are great ideas for your sashings. I found the best practice in the end to get you over your fear and to help to get going, is to quilt a real quilt, with real borders, sashings etc. I look forward to seeing your quilt quilted! It’s beautiful!
    Old 01-22-2019, 06:44 AM

Just my ideas: piano key the outside borders, SID around each present, cross hatch the sashings spacing so an "x" would be centered in the corner stones, and stitch a bow and flowing ribbons ends on the fabric bows. Whatever you do I am sure it will be loved as it is a very pretty quilt.