Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • long arm troubleshooting >
  • long arm troubleshooting

• long arm troubleshooting

Old 02-15-2023, 06:56 PM

I agree with those who suggested rotating needle to 5:30. Have you tried a # 18 needle ( if you've been using a 16)? I'd also try loosening top tension in slight incrememts up to one full turn. I found that tension's the culprit whenever l get skips after changing a needle first.
    Old 02-17-2023, 04:53 PM

One time I changed the needle, could not get reliable stitches. Skipped just about every time it travelled from front to back. Gave up and put the same type of needle in (I had used a different brand on the initial change as I had a bunch of them and wanted to use them). Once I changed to the same brand/size of needle, it stitched fine.
    By any chance did you or the tech change needles?
    Old 02-17-2023, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ElaineCovid
    One time I changed the needle, could not get reliable stitches. Skipped just about every time it travelled from front to back. Gave up and put the same type of needle in (I had used a different brand on the initial change as I had a bunch of them and wanted to use them). Once I changed to the same brand/size of needle, it stitched fine.
    By any chance did you or the tech change needles?
    recently I did a little bit of research on the different types of needles. Oh, My! There are many, many different times and they have just so many different specs. It was pretty enlightening to see why you need to use the needle recommended and also I really think stay with the same type.