Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Does anyone have a good cheesecake recipe >

Does anyone have a good cheesecake recipe

Does anyone have a good cheesecake recipe

Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 AM

Well I made a New York Style Cheesecake last night. Haven't cut into it but it looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the tips!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Dkm

This is a simple recipe, but every time I make it someone ask if they can get a copy of the recipe. It's a firm cake, and I like it with no topping.

2 8oz cream cheese(soften)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream

Cream sugar and cheese then add remaining ingredients. Pour in graham cracker crust. Bake for 40 mins. at 350. I use a large crust if I intend to add topping.

Hope you will give it a try.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:33 AM

Thanks for the recipe. I think it is almost exactly like the one I used. Seems like the one I found was just double all of the ingredients in yours. So I am hoping it turns out great. I definitely will try yours with less ingredients and make a smaller one :)
Old 03-18-2010, 01:09 PM

So I just cut into my cheese cake. . . it wasn't done :( I am so bummed. It looks so beautiful and even feels nice on the whole top but then I cut into it and the whole middle isn't set up. It has a nice top layer and then inside its still all soft. I guess I just didn't get it cooked long enough. It's just about 2.5in in the middle that didn't get finished. The outside tasted and looked great. So where did i go wrong. I preheated the oven. I cooked it in a water bath. The recipe said to cook for one hour and then turn off and let sit for 6 without opening the oven. Did all of that. And then I refrigerated it for 11 hours. Oh and I had all fresh ingredients and I let all the cold ingredients sit out and warm up to room temp.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:48 PM

Okay, I finally got my act together... here it is.

Key-Lime Cheesecake

Crust:
1 1/2 cups fine graham-cracker crumbs
2 T sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled

Filling:
2 1/2 eight-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
3/4 cup key-lime juice (I use Joe and Nellie's) or fresh lime juice (but it seem a lot more tart)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Drop of green food coloring, if desired (never use it)
Whipped cream, for garnish
Lime slices, quartered for garnish
Mint sprigs for garnish

In a bowl, stir together the crumbs, sugar and butter. Pat the mixture evenly onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a buttered 10-inch springform pan, and bake the crust in the middle of a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 8 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and let the crust cool.

In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until the mixture is smooth. Beat in the sour cream, the flour, the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then add the lime juice, the vanilla and the food coloring, beating the mixture until it is smooth. Pour the filling over the crust.

Bake the cheesecake in the middle of a preheated 375 degree F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 250 and bake the cheesecake for 50 to 55 minutes more, or until the center is barely set. (The cheesecake will continue to set as it cools.) Let the cheesecake cool on a rack and chill it, covered overnight. (I bake mine at night and leave it in the oven until morning, then chill it.)

Remove the cheesecake from the pan and transfer it to a cake stand. With a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip, pipe the whipped cream into rosettes on the cheesecake. Garnish the cheesecake with the lime slices and the mint sprigs. Yields about 10 slices.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
Well I made a New York Style Cheesecake last night. Haven't cut into it but it looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the tips!
You have self control! How can you make a cheesecake and NOT have eaten any yet? :P LOL
Old 03-19-2010, 04:29 AM

Thank you!
Old 03-24-2010, 02:29 AM

If your are still looking for recipes for cream cheese cake, I can give you my favorite which is very easy, but you don't have to do the water bath thing. Sometimes it cracks, but I don't care - I cover it with a fruit filling anyway which hides it. You cam bake this in a regular pie pan or a springform pan or, if you likr, yhis recipe also makes perfect miniature chesecakes in tiny muffin papers in tiny muffin cups. I also top them with a spoonful of fruit topping or just simply sprinkle a little more of the graham cracker crust on top. Let me kmow if you'd like me to post it. I can also give you a sweetened sour cream topping which is just delicious.

Also, back in 1995 Cook's Illustrated did one of their research jobs on cheesecake and came up with one recipe whose ingredients can be put together 3 different ways to yield 3 different cheesecakes - a rich and creamy one, or a light and airy one or a dense and firm cheesecake. I'd also be willing to post those.

Just let me know.

I think I want cheesecake now.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:30 AM

Oops - sorry for the typos!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
If your are still looking for recipes for cream cheese cake, I can give you my favorite which is very easy, but you don't have to do the water bath thing. Sometimes it cracks, but I don't care - I cover it with a fruit filling anyway which hides it. You cam bake this in a regular pie pan or a springform pan or, if you likr, yhis recipe also makes perfect miniature chesecakes in tiny muffin papers in tiny muffin cups. I also top them with a spoonful of fruit topping or just simply sprinkle a little more of the graham cracker crust on top. Let me kmow if you'd like me to post it. I can also give you a sweetened sour cream topping which is just delicious.

Also, back in 1995 Cook's Illustrated did one of their research jobs on cheesecake and came up with one recipe whose ingredients can be put together 3 different ways to yield 3 different cheesecakes - a rich and creamy one, or a light and airy one or a dense and firm cheesecake. I'd also be willing to post those.

Just let me know.

I think I want cheesecake now.
I would like to see the recipe. It will be interesting to see the three ways to get different results.