summer camping

Old 04-10-2010, 09:39 AM

We love camping! We have a pop-up and have so much fun when we go.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:02 AM

We take the grandkids for a week every summer, What a blast!! WE have a pop up that is on it's last leg!!WE tent camped when the kids were babies -as young as 5 weeks. Tent camping is the best!!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:31 AM

We spend a lot of time camping each summer...we have a hybrid camper...it's a regular metal camper, but the ends fold out to make a queen size and a full size bed. Love my little camper! We cook in Dutchovens, so we usually end up eating better when we camp than we do at home! :lol: Whenever we tell people that we're going camping, we always end up with guests for dinner...so much so that we plan for an annual "Dinner Party at the Lake", and have had as many as 17 people show up!

This year, one of the sewing machines will be going camping too...not sure which one yet tho...obviously not one of the cabinet machines! ;) Would love to get a handcrank!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by jljquilter
Love camping in a tent. Haven't done it since my husband got his c-pap. Anybody else have a mate with one? If so do you camp? How does it work for you. Also I always have something along to quilt.
My husband has a c=pap. and we like to camp. We haven't for a few years, maybe this year would be a good time. We are tent campers also. We need some type of new cot to sleep on, with sore hips it would be better to have a mattress of some kind. We don't have bugs in the
Black Hills, it really cools down at night. I guess that is why.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:54 PM

The blue grass part sounds fun but the camping.........I camp at Best Western. The last time I tent camped, I took my girl scout troop on an after dark nature hike. I stepped on a snake and a bat went after my hair..........that was the end of my camping days!!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by I come to the sea to breathe
Originally Posted by jljquilter
Love camping in a tent. Haven't done it since my husband got his c-pap. Anybody else have a mate with one? If so do you camp? How does it work for you. Also I always have something along to quilt.
My husband has a c=pap. and we like to camp. We haven't for a few years, maybe this year would be a good time. We are tent campers also. We need some type of new cot to sleep on, with sore hips it would be better to have a mattress of some kind. We don't have bugs in the
Black Hills, it really cools down at night. I guess that is why.
I don't know how you would do the c pap unless you camp with electricity we rustic camp- I took my C pap back as I felt like a scuba diver without air when I used it!! Get an inflatable mattress if you need padding, myself I like the feel of a pine cone under me, after a couple days of all that fresh air I can sleep good pine cone, stick or rock!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:42 PM

We went camping last weekend... It was so nice up here, the campground had to open up parts of the campground that were closed!! The only bummer was that the water to the sites was not turned on, and the boy's dad didn't find out until AFTER he'd set the trailer up... it's hard to just pack up a 30 ft. camper and go get water!

We also seem to be grand central entertainment central when we came. We had 2 different families last weekend, and already people are emailing us to see when we are going out again!!! At Canadian Thanksgiving I usually have 15 + people for turkey dinner... most of them American.

I am doing some english paper piecing at the trailer, but I do take my little pink sewing machine for trips when I know the boy's dad will be busy all day and I can sew!

We were at a RV show today... and didn't see 1 thing I thought we should have. I guess we will stick with our 1989 Award for a while longer!

Theresa
Old 04-10-2010, 05:15 PM

Can't wait to go camping! We have a fifth wheel toy hauler and take our HD with us! It is wonderful cruising on the bike and seeing the beautiful land..then getting back to the camper for a nap
Old 04-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

I hate camping, have gone once with another couple and their 3 bratty boys, last time. When we were builting our cabin in the woods thirty years ago we pitched a tent every weekend until we got cabin under roof and walls up. Took all summer, working on weekends. Pretty much now just for the guys. We do all go down for Thanksgiving. We have no running water.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

I fired up the grill the other day and DGD came over and said " Oh grandma, that smells just like camping. " I'm ready to go.