Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Photos >
  • February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Photos

• February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Photos

Old 02-18-2008, 05:28 AM

Thats looks good I know its a bit diffcult but you did a great job with it. I would not through it in the bin. I take ones like these and use in stuff for the grandkinds for camping and stuff or I use for a small blanket for the girls dolls. Also when you get better good way to see how far you have come.
    Old 02-18-2008, 06:49 AM

Nice job Donna. I was waiting to see if you attempted this one too. We are kind of alike. Still fresh and new...lol. I got as far as getting all my pieces cut last night so today will tell the tale. Mine will probably end in the bin too....lol. But I will be brave like you and post my pic when I am done. Maybe we are jinxing ourselves by being so anxious for the next BOM each time. Let's try reverse psychology and say UGH I don't want a new BOM. Maybe then it will be a simple one and we will feel more like a pro when we wiz through it.....lol It's a thought.

Good job on the block though. Wish me luck! :D
    Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 AM

Well done Donna....I'm proud of you for even having a go at this one!...Ive been upstairs sewing and the air has been blue!!

Mum xxxxxxx
    Old 02-18-2008, 07:45 AM

Ouch! That hurt! I think mine is joining Donna Anne's in the trash bin!

Great challenge Denise! Next time, I would use solids (not my funky BOM fabrics!) and do it all with half square triangles! I wasn't sure how to line up the triangles on the smaller pieces. Centered? One edge lined up? :roll:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-32588.jpe  
    Old 02-18-2008, 08:44 AM

Who said 'next time it will be easier'? Loretta....go and wash your mouth out with soap!!!!!!!There wont be a next time for me! If this had been the first block I ever tried....it would have been the last! lol!
    Seriously though...it certainly is'nt one for us beginners!

Here's mine......I beat it into submission!

Karens block
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3021[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-3021.jpe  
    Old 02-18-2008, 08:47 AM

Karenmay, Looks good! I think I should have borrowed your whip!
    Old 02-18-2008, 09:09 AM

heh everyone they look good to me , for beginners to attempt. I'm a beginner also , i like something with a little challenge. I'm sorry if alot of you don't like this bom. I thought i'd pick something with some challenge in it and get us to a new level of learning how to make these blocks. I sure as hell won't be picking another bom in the future and as a matter a fact. I don't think i'll say much of anything else on here. From the comments i've been reading i feel like everyone is disappointed about what i chose.
    Old 02-18-2008, 09:16 AM
    bj

Denise, I like the block you chose. It may be challenging, but that's how we stretch ourselves. I'm going to try it. If it doesn't work out, so be it. I'll just know I'm not to that level yet and will try again later on. I don't think anyone means to hurt feelings, I think they just got a little caught up on its difficulty. Seemed like a lot of the comments were directed more at themselves, tongue in cheek, than at you or the block!
    Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM

Denise, we didn't mean anything with the whiny comments. Just showing you how much we appreciate being stretched. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. That wasn't my intent!

Thank you again for a challenging block. I was looking at yours this morning and I was itching to try it in those colors! Even the whiny like challenges!
    Old 02-18-2008, 09:47 AM

the blocks posted so far look great. Yep! There are a few clinkers in there but nothing to cause them to be tossed into a bin!!! :lol: I imagine if you all look back on this block in a week or so you'll say, wow, I learned a lot when I made this block!

Denise, When I posted Sunbonnet Sue two weeks ago I was really excited until a whole day passed and only one or two people commented on my block choice. I was really discouraged. (I'd spent an entire day trying to find the perfect block and just knew I had! Ha!) I just knew everyone hated me and my block! My sister is my best cheer leader and kept telling me that people were just busy, etc. Well, there weren't a lot of participants in the Sue posting but I do think the people who did participate had fun as I'm sure we will with your block. We know we can't please everyone so don't try! Be happy with your block choice. There is a whole lot of learning happening here!

I've not had a chance to build my block yet (sewing room straightening up time) but I intend to participate just as soon as I can find my cutting table and sewing machine! This is a wonderful block! You did good!