Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Just for fun--emotional quilts >
  • Just for fun--emotional quilts

• Just for fun--emotional quilts

Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Numa
    It wasn't a quilt, but I was making matching shorts/shirts for my sons when they were young. The fabric was reds, blacks, swirling all over. By the time I got done with them I was mad at everyone.Really drove it home to me how colors do affect us!
    That's really interesting - -
    Old 08-19-2010, 07:12 PM

My best friends daughter was getting married and had chosen a themed wedding. I needed to make a costume since it is very difficult to find decent looking renisance(sp?) gowns that don't look halloween cheep. You know the kind, WM cheep. So, there I am sewing one, mind you I haven't made a garment since 7th grade home ec. It also happened that I had quit smoking at the same time that I was sewing that dress. It gave me no end of trouble. I'd sew a little, get mad cuss a blue streak and take a break. Then start all over again. At the same time I was sewing that dang thing my poor DH was sitting there at the same table listening to me. When it was finished there were some imperfections:). DH hugged me, told me he was glad that it was over cause his ears were turning blue from all the cussing and he was proud I didn't smoke one cigarette.
    Old 08-19-2010, 07:20 PM
    Power Poster

"cheap" costumes also come from other places than WalMart.

I had to completely re-sew the yellow princess costume(for whichever one it was that was yellow - Belle from Beauty and the Beast, I think) DISNEY costume that completely fell apart - that was about 10 years ago.
    Old 08-20-2010, 04:15 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
    I don't sew when I'm upset, angry or emotional. I think that's why I haven't been sewing lately. Found out I have cataracts, my new glasses are the wrong prescription or something and have been giving me headaches, and to top off everything else I went to see one of my favorite cousins today and he's not doing as well as I have been led to believe. He had a pretty bad stroke a few weeks ago and his family has been telling me that he's doing great so I didn't expect what I was confronted with today. I was really sad when I left the rehab facility today. So, maybe tomorrow, maybe Saturday, maybe next week, maybe then I can get back to sewing.

Hopefully things will look better for you and your cousin. If he had his stoke only a few weeks ago, maybe he is doing good, just not as good as you had expected.
    Old 08-20-2010, 04:24 AM

I'm feeling better now that I hear all these stories. My cousin complained about being really cold so last night I dug into my polar fleece stash and found a huge piece of really deep purple. I was able to cut it into two pieces that are 6 1/2' long. Then I made two labels that said
    Property of _____ _____ Rm 217 and sewed one on each blanket. His girlfriend is going to pick them up today and take them to him. I told her to take his other blankets off and put one of these next to right next to him so that he could get warm. And even though I wasn't in a good mood they turned out fine.
    Old 08-20-2010, 04:43 AM
    Power Poster

I'm feeling better now that I hear all these stories. My cousin complained about being really cold so last night I dug into my polar fleece stash and found a huge piece of really deep purple. I was able to cut it into two pieces that are 6 1/2' long. Then I made two labels that said
    Property of _____ _____ Rm 217 and sewed one on each blanket. His girlfriend is going to pick them up today and take them to him. I told her to take his other blankets off and put one of these next to right next to him so that he could get warm. And even though I wasn't in a good mood they turned out fine.
    Purple will be a good color for this - - - -

The room number may change - so you may want to be able to update that as needed.
    Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 AM
    Power Poster

Rapture, just think how loved he will feel snuggling with the blanket you made him :) What a loving cousin you are :)