Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder >

Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder

Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder

Old 04-16-2011, 11:42 AM

You are a guy after my own heart!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:24 PM

Join the club
Old 04-16-2011, 12:49 PM

Well Michael I am in the same boat as you are and sinking fast. I need to take all my fabric out of the closet and off the floor and get it organized but every time I think of doing it, I just know after the first pull, it will bury me. Am I a hoarder? Probably because I have been doing this since the early 80's. My God, that is thirty years of fabric. "Groan"! Maybe I should just leave it int here and start over. No? Okay, first I need to go buy brackets and shelving. Hum? Okay, I am just going to wait till someone comes to help, just incase it does bury me, they can pull me out. But since I don't know anyone like that I will just wait awhile. Jan(the procrastinator)
Old 04-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

I am sitting here laughing because I just came from my sewing room. I needed a break after spending all day trying to organize it. I was shocked at the amount of fabric and kits I have. I just rearranged everything so the kits are sitting out on the shelves where I see them. maybe this way i will get at one or two but probaby not. Its so much fun buying more. I cant stop myself.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:02 PM

I am a fabric "ho" and I don't care.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:49 PM

Just think about this. We may have an addiction, but with this kind of addiction we can't be pulled over while driving or an open container in the car. We could have our meeting for HOARDERS, and still go out and fall off the wagon without problems.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:55 PM

for intervention you could join the "no buy" challenge that the yahoo stashbuster group is having. Only legal buys (and only if needed to complete a current project) are backing, batting, borders and background.

If you go off the wagon you send in a penalty. There are drawings for staying on the wagon.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
Just think about this. We may have an addiction, but with this kind of addiction we can't be pulled over while driving or an open container in the car. We could have our meeting for HOARDERS, and still go out and fall off the wagon without problems.
Lord forbid that I be pulled over for weaving when trying to dig thru the new bag of stuff to see what's really in there.

What would be my defense? I thought I heard a print calling my name?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by miholmes
What is it about fabric?

I've been quilting for a little over a year now. And after my last quilt I started to organize my fabric.....YIKES!!

How many times can you say...OHHH I remember that KIT I forgot I had that!

Or...That's RIGHT I got this cute baby flannel for the next time I needed to make a baby quilt. (I've done 4 since getting that fabric)

I have jelly rolls galore and then 1/4 yard of fabric just cause I thought they were fun.

So after going through EVERY tub I'm embarrased to say there really wasn't alot of scraps.....most were KITS.....fabric, plus the backing I bought after getting the kit and the patterns....KITS....many are queen sized....those aren't cheap.

I realize it will be hard to quilt cold turkey but unless there is a project I'm doing for someone that I HAVE to get done and they pick a specific fabric, I really need to use what I have.

I mean I know we kid about it alot, but there's hundreds if not a thousand or more dollars in my sewing room. Granted they are all now organized with a digital picture of the kit taped to the front of the projects bag. But it's an entire kitchen island full, several plastic tubs, and a shelf stacked with jelly rolls (did I mention I've only ever done 1 quilt with a jelly roll)

WHY are we so obsessed with this stuff?!?!?! I was actually slighty horrified that I couldn't even REMEMBER buying some of these kits.

So we'll see how long I can stay on the non-fabric purchasing wagon....cause it's OUT OF CONTROL! I think Discover needs to have a new show.....Quilting - INTERVENTION! Cause I think I would be a candidate.

P.S. I forgot to mention I found 3 kits in the little secret cubby in the trunk of my RAV4......THREE.....I was too ashamed to bring them in the house. :P
LOL!!! I really need a visual of this....send pics!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:15 PM

Hello Quilters! I just received an order for a queen sized Guardian Angel quilt. Problem is that it has become almost impossible to find Christian fabric around here. Can someone give me an idea where I can find this fabric? Thanks