Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I have a voice that REALLY carries and I've embarrassed my DD to death by standing in the fabric department and yelling, "I'm a customer and I need help in fabric." I wait a few minutes and then yell, "I'm still waiting, I need fabric cut." A few minutes later I yell, "I'm going to cut the fabric myself." I actually did cut my own one day before the woman got there. She had to measure everything and wasn't real happy with me but I told her that I had waited too long and couldn't wait any longer for some help.
you sound just like me raptureready! lol, that is exactly what I would do. I am not shy. i even embarrased a friend of mine when a fellow cut in line in the grocery store. I kept getting louder and louder about how rude he was and he could hear me but just ignored me and my friend kept telling me to shush. and I said no way, we were here first. now when my friend tells the story he says I was nattering on and on and on. lol.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
Rapture you can tell we are both gutsy Illinois girls ! I was born and raised there . I moved to Va in 1982 and people here just have that wait till I get there thing going on . The older I get the more impatient I get . Oops told on myself ! Walmart has tried my patience so many times , I don't want to count them . Annie
And the older I get the worse I get. :lol: I'm at the point now where I just don't get too excited/upset over much of anything. It takes a LOT to push these old buttons. If they don't want to wait on me? That's okay, I'll do it myself. My mother was very outspoken and when I do something like that my brothers just shake their heads and say, "You've got too much mom in you."

Years ago we had a Zayre's store. In the fall they advertized that their flat fold Christmas fabrics were $1 a yard. Mom went in to get some and the woman told her it was a misprint, that they were $3 a yard. Mom argued with the woman and finally the woman picked up one piece (ugly) and said, "I'll sell you this one for $1 a yard, how much do you want?" Mom bought three yds and left. Dad was furious! He asked her why she let them treat her that way. She answered that she wasn't done with them. When she got home she called me at work, told me what happened and said, "Go get me some fabric." I did. I started laying stack after stack of fabric on the cutting table. The woman said, "Did you know that the ad was a misprint?" I said, "I'd heard that but since it's not posted anywhere in the store you have to sell me what I want at the listed price." We argued, she called the manager, we argued, I threatened to call my attorney, I got my way. I was there for HOURS picking out fabrics, taking my time making decisions, changing my mind, making her cut fabric. 219 yds later I said to the woman, "I'm going to buy this fabric but I don't really want it. There was an older woman here earlier today that you waited on. You picked out this piece of ugly red fabric and told her it was the only one she could buy. Well, I came in here just to let you know that NO ONE treats my momma like that and gets by with it. You should be ashamed of yourself for being so hateful." I kept some of it, gave well over half of it to mom. Years later when mom passed away my sisters and I split up her "Christmas stash". Try as she might, she never got around to using all of it. :lol: :lol:
Yes, Illinois grows some gutsy girls.
I am not from Illinois, but spent a lot of time in Moline, visiting late husbands relatives in the 80's, so maybe that is where I get it from.lol. and the older I get the less patience I have, especially this year for some reason. lol
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

And you can sure get some here. I was at McDonalds and they gave me my order wrong when I was trying to explain it to the girl at the drive through she kept rolling her eyes at me. Finally about the third time I looked at her and said, "Little girl, I'm old school. You roll your eyes at me one more time and I'm going to do just what my mom would have. I'm going to reach through that window and smack you. It's rude, don't do it again."
Hey, lets do lunch!!! :roll:
Yah, let's do lunch!! rolf
Old 07-12-2010, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Marsye, so nice to see such a beautiful smile. I loved your little old lady before, but you have such a beautiful smile.
I agree, and no wonder you are so mischevious.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
I searched for Corporate Office and got where I supposedly needed to contact them - but the space on their site was limited - pluse they were going to send my complaint to my LOCAL WM. There was no place where I could copy and paste our entire thread. They wanted full name, address, phone number and they would just send it to local WM so I just "x'd" it out - :-(
I just love your avatar!!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
The last time that I tried to purchase fabric at Walmart, I had 4 bolts in the cart...wanted a couple of yards each, and these we not clearance fabrics. I tried the bell several times, found someone in auto and they didn't even page after I asked them...all in all I waited 30 minutes....ringing the bell every few minutes....
I then loaded as many fabrics as I could stack on the table, from the shelves...then went to find the manager at the service desk....told him the story and told him the fabrics that I wanted to purchase were on the cutting table, and I didn't have anymore time to waste at there store...He said he would go back there and cut my fabrics...I told him to get lost.
lol, another voice from Illinois,good girl!!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:32 AM

I went to Walmart one day to buy some fusable batting and the girl acted like she was doing me a favor. I think part of the problem is that some of the people working in fabrics do not have any interest in that area. I just can't tolerate poor work ethics.
Walmarts theory is that they have to see a certain return per square footage of floor space. If fabric and notions isn't selling..it is out. They have destroyed the small businesses. At Valentines Day I couldn't compete with their rose prices. What they sold them for is what I payed wholesale.
Luckily, there is 4 Joann's close by..I can buy my notions there. And, Lancaster is only 40 minutes away. As I look around me..don't think I need any fabric..LOL.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:07 AM

Maybe we should all set a date and mail letters to the corporate office. So much mail at one time might get them to thinking.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:09 AM

our's every now and then.is like that...i go hunt them up lol...but, it's a shame to wait that long!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:10 AM
Administrator

maybe we should remember that most of the remaining walmart fabric departments provide the best service the employees can provide.

and we should definitely remember to make very sure we mention only the specific store in which we had had an unpleasant experience.

AND we should definitely remember to identify the stores in which we have consistently had good experiences. i know i will certainly be tickled pink to send great big thanks and congratulations regarding my local department. they are fantastic! :thumbup: