Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 07-08-2016, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Joan, come here when the real world gets to be too much. That's what I do. It's one of my happy places, an escape avenue from real life. I like that we are focused on fun, and quilting, and personal stories and camaraderie. I like that our biggest problems here are how we make that blasted piece of fabric measure up to 12 1/2 inches so we don't have to hear from Janice about it again and is this piece of fabric white or snow? Or this one teal or aqua? Shall I join one group or two? And I like to wonder, just how is it that an ugly grey fabric can turn it into a beautiful block? And how do all those little hexies go together? And should I join the postcard swap? And then my bad thoughts are as simple as And what am I going to do with all those Boom blocks I have? Am I a Boom'aholic? These are the tough things we have to deal with here. I like it better than out there by far.
A friend & I were talking quilting, she's recently widowed & trying to figure out her 'new' life, and she asked me if I was one of those people who have many projects started but not finished. (I think it must be tattooed on my forehead). I confessed and she said how do you deal with it? I said, there is a support group for that! We had a good laugh. But I do think that is a big part QUILTINGBOARD plays in many lives, we are such a fast moving, spread out culture that we need like minded friends to share our victories & our uglies with. It is nice to have a bit of respite from the busyness, get encouragement from others, learn new tricks, and laugh a bit at a poor naked chicken. (I love that chicken)

thank you, Janice for being willing to give of your time & maybe a bit of sanity for our well-being. I maybe the newbie, but I know a good thing when I see it. Nope, a great thing!
Old 07-08-2016, 09:04 AM

I've been working on a mini for the July swap, the theme is kalideoscope. I have finished the design and assembly, and am thrilled w/ the look, but now I have to quilt it, quilting is not my thing, I always think it ruins my piece. Oh and mine is a modern kalideoscope.

Janice couldn't agree more.

GramE, those feathered chickens may laugh at the nakeds, but they are getting the last laugh in this 100 summer.lol

Last edited by Kassaundra; 07-08-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post

GramE, those feathered chickens may laugh at the nakeds, but they are getting the last laugh in this 100 summer.lol
Do you have to put suntan lotion on their hinnies? Poor things
Old 07-08-2016, 09:24 AM

No, lol, a lot of people ask that though.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:10 AM

Ok, another naked chicken lesson. Roflol.
No, lol, a lot of people ask that though.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:30 PM

I cant wait to get off work tonight...its my late night so will be 6 or so before I leave but its Friday...I can sew as long as I want..trying not to think about the world problems! God must have had me in mind having to work late...that way I cant watch the 5:30 news to see all the problems! LOL...Also got a tracking notice my 2 bolts of fabric are waiting for me on my front porch so that will be a wonderful thing to look forward to! I laughed at the chicken comments....I never thought about them needing sun screen LOL
Old 07-08-2016, 12:46 PM

I got some Cornish cross ladies (well girls they are growing into ladies) they will grow to be very big girls. I got them to cross w/ my naked boy to increase the size of his line. They aren't laying age, but when (if, they are hard to get to live to laying age) I plan on mating them w/ my naked boy. I may have to resort to AI (artificial insemination) depending on if he can balance that "high up". Anyway I was thinking I should get that "I like Big Butt" song and play it for him when that time comes.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Oops...I may have misunderstood. I thought QM would be sending civil war reproductions, not asking for them. If not providing them, it might be much tougher for everyone to come up with fabrics you'll ultimately be satisfied with QM. Just a thought. I do like AnnaQuilts suggestion to send the reproductions.
Got it. Did not get to digging into the fabrics, working on bindings and taking care of some needy dogs right now. They are so lonely for their daddy who comes home today which is another reason, was cleaning house.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

Kaass I am rolling over the floor. AI on chickens. My 19 yr old DD is learning to do AI on cows etc.

I got some Cornish cross ladies (well girls they are growing into ladies) they will grow to be very big girls. I got them to cross w/ my naked boy to increase the size of his line. They aren't laying age, but when (if, they are hard to get to live to laying age) I plan on mating them w/ my naked boy. I may have to resort to AI (artificial insemination) depending on if he can balance that "high up". Anyway I was thinking I should get that "I like Big Butt" song and play it for him when that time comes.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Kaass I am rolling over the floor. AI on chickens. My 19 yr old DD is learning to do AI on cows etc.
It's pretty straight forward, a little stroking, a friendly restraint a small suction device and viola! lol lol lol Not like the arm glove required for the cow!!!!!!!