Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Potholder Swap - Signup by October 31, 2010 >

Potholder Swap - Signup by October 31, 2010

Potholder Swap - Signup by October 31, 2010

Old 10-17-2010, 11:16 AM

I think that double the postage for this swap makes it rather pricey tho, maybe holiday time would not work,,,,,maybe it could be up the way table runners go, each have a partner......hope someone starts another one, and I get the message, I will be traveling for a bit, so no computer...........jacie
Old 10-17-2010, 03:01 PM

Why don't we just each make one and make it the best and prettiest you can? That way we could still give a gift and it wouldn't cost that much. OR, like in the secret pal swaps, we could each be given just one name and the details of what colors they like (some might not WANT Christmas fabric) and mail it directly to them. That way it would also be pretty even as far as postage was concerned. What say you?

Nolee

Originally Posted by jacie
I think that double the postage for this swap makes it rather pricey tho, maybe holiday time would not work,,,,,maybe it could be up the way table runners go, each have a partner......hope someone starts another one, and I get the message, I will be traveling for a bit, so no computer...........jacie
Old 10-17-2010, 04:20 PM

donna.I used to collect roosters, had oodles of them...then our home was broken into, and now I have 2 beautiful flower vases with roosters on,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's all. I used to make up fabric with any rooster on it I could find... was so much fun.now even my stash and scraps were taken so I start over!!!! have not decided yet what to collect, but I love apple fabric.....maybe tht huh?

have a good quilty week end. jacie
Old 10-18-2010, 04:11 AM

donna.I used to collect roosters, had oodles of them...then our home was broken into, and now I have 2 beautiful flower vases with roosters on,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's all. I used to make up fabric with any rooster on it I could find... was so much fun.now even my stash and scraps were taken so I start over!!!! have not decided yet what to collect, but I love apple fabric.....maybe tht huh?

have a good quilty week end. jacie
OMG, the took your roosters??? Now if I was a theif, roosters and fabric would be my loot of choice lol.. I too love roosters..they are on my canisters, shelf in the kitchen, I think they are so cute and I love to watch them pick around..I don't own any but one of our neighbors does, so I take my grandson up to watch the goats and chickens. PM me your address and I will send you a potholder to hopefully get your collection restarted.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by donna873
Here are the chickens I had made that walked out the door with my daughters.. I think I will hold off and make some more for the swap..
Those are too cute! :thumbup:
Old 10-18-2010, 02:37 PM

I wish I had the software to convert, thats a cool chicken
Originally Posted by Nolee
These look SO HARD to make!!! How do you pop out so many so quickly?

Here are the chickens I had made that walked out the door with my daughters.. I think I will hold off and make some more for the swap..
Embroidery machine lol the chicken on the potholder was in a quilt book I had, but since I don't hand applique I used embroidery software to digitize it for the embroidery machine..now they only take 10 min to stitch out.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 PM

sure is a nice offer,.I do have some nice rooster fabric and lace pieces left...thinking of making a nice tble runner with roosters....I may get one of your rooster potholders in the swap, lets wait......again, you are so kind to offer. If I don't get one I'll pm you for sure.......happy sewing , Jacie
Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 PM

sure is a nice offer,.I do have some nice rooster fabric and lace pieces left...thinking of making a nice tble runner with roosters....I may get one of your rooster potholders in the swap, lets wait......again, you are so kind to offer. If I don't get one I'll pm you for sure.......happy sewing , Jacie
Old 10-19-2010, 02:38 AM

Jan, I read my PMs and answered before I read the board..
Old 10-19-2010, 06:45 AM

I have been trying several times to get added to the board and to get an address to send my potholders to no avail..any suggestions?