My Paper Pieced Candlequilter Star

My Paper Pieced Candlequilter Star

Old 05-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Power Poster

Ooooo, very pretty!
Old 05-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pieceful Quilter
i am sending a red, white, and blue block to Sherryl too. With her permission, I added yellow, because I have heard it signifies the warmth of returning home from military duty. I hope it isn't too much of an "outlier" from what others are doing because of the yellow. I have attached a (not very good) photo of the four sections not yet joined together. I love the pattern, but I have to admit, I found it intimidating to make!!

Linda
Wow Linda, I love your block. The yellow really looks wonderful. It is a very nice touch. I promise the pattern gets easier the more you do it. I think just putting the pieces together in the right spot is the biggest challenge. You did a great job tho. Love it.

Thanks for your help,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 05-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Banned

I can't begin to tell all of you how wonderful it feels to see pictures of your blocks that you have done using my pattern. It is so special to know that maybe a 100 years from now someone might see a Candlequilter Star block or the pattern and still use it. So maybe in some small wee way there will always be a little piece of me on this earth.

Thank you all for your help,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 05-29-2011, 05:52 AM

i am sending a red, white, and blue block to Sherryl too. With her permission, I added yellow, because I have heard it signifies the warmth of returning home from military duty. I hope it isn't too much of an "outlier" from what others are doing because of the yellow. I have attached a (not very good) photo of the four sections not yet joined together. I love the pattern, but I have to admit, I found it intimidating to make!!

Linda
Gorgeous block, and it matches perfectly! It is a bit tricky (I've only got 1/2 of mine done), but I think it's amazing how the pieces go together. I'm really impressed!!!! C9P
Old 05-29-2011, 02:34 PM

Yippee! Mine is done! I must say there are much more expert quilters out there than me, because I was sweating over this block. I love the pattern though... I am sure when I get over the shakes, I will make more! It will be off in the mail tomorrow.

I hope someone else adds yellow to theirs, or I may be forced to make another.

Sherryl, when is the deadline for these blocks?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-203926.jpe   attachment-203927.jpe  
Old 05-29-2011, 04:06 PM

OH MY GOSH!! OH MY GOSH!! OH MY GOSH!!! That is absolutely beautiful. I LOVE THE COLOR CHOICES....

DEBRA
Old 05-29-2011, 04:56 PM

Gorgeous job, Pieceful quilter! I got one more section done tonight, so I'm a little more than half way done!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch
Gorgeous job, Pieceful quilter! I got one more section done tonight, so I'm a little more than half way done!
Well, gosh, thanks Canuckninepatch. (Love that Canuck handle. I hail from Minnesota originally and we used that term all the time.) Your block looks amazing too! I hope many others are making patriotic colored blocks. It would be so great to see an entire quilt's worth made by members here.

How appropriate that we are working on patriotic quilt blocks on Memorial weekend.

Linda
Old 05-29-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch
Well, gosh, thanks Canuckninepatch. (Love that Canuck handle. I hail from Minnesota originally and we used that term all the time.) Your block looks amazing too! I hope many others are making patriotic colored blocks. It would be so great to see an entire quilt's worth made by members here.

How appropriate that we are working on patriotic quilt blocks on Memorial weekend.

Linda
I am working on a patriotic block too, with yellow added. I'm not sure how patriotic it is making me feel tho. LOL You all are doing so amazingly well, and I feel like I am cooking from a recipe in a language I don't quite understand. LOL
Old 05-29-2011, 08:03 PM

oooooh, I love the blue fabric on the outside. Can you tell me where you got it or the name> I would love having it to piece with. I am going to try a pp star tomorrow, after I go to Staples and copy the one from a book I have. Love your star and the color combination. :lol: