Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's discuss making quilt blocks for our board names. >

Let's discuss making quilt blocks for our board names.

Let's discuss making quilt blocks for our board names.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by applique
Originally Posted by sapdoggie
Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Oh dear. Since I am Stitchnripper, maybe my block should be half stitched and half ripped?
or you can get half ripped and then make the block :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.hyderhangout.com/shop/NOT...-sku-RM050.htm

This one would be perfect!!
Hey, I bought that at PIQF 3-4 years ago! But I'm not sure I'll ever make it now ...
Old 09-10-2011, 05:12 PM

Oh my goodness! as spoken by a four-year-old in our household. Olebat, your idea for a wall hanging is outstanding. Keep us posted.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:47 PM

My idea of true winter is SNOW, or better yet, snowflakes!!!!! But to do a snowflake as a quilt block requires doing applique, which I don't do, at least not very well. I have no idea how to piece a snowflake!!!!! Any ideas??
Old 09-10-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by winter012
My idea of true winter is SNOW, or better yet, snowflakes!!!!! But to do a snowflake as a quilt block requires doing applique, which I don't do, at least not very well. I have no idea how to piece a snowflake!!!!! Any ideas??
Try fusible! Put it on the back of the material you want to use for your snowflake, fold the material and cut out your pattern just like you did in grade school to make those lovely paper snowflakes. When you are finished with all the cutting, unfold, remove the paper backing and press on to a background material.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
Try fusible! Put it on the back of the material you want to use for your snowflake, fold the material and cut out your pattern just like you did in grade school to make those lovely paper snowflakes. When you are finished with all the cutting, unfold, remove the paper backing and press on to a background material.
Then I would put a layer of Misty Fuse over the top, maybe add a layer of very fine tulle and/or glitter and fuse the whole thing so it doesn't ever get loose!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:17 AM

Love it...
Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Oh dear. Since I am Stitchnripper, maybe my block should be half stitched and half ripped?
or you can get half ripped and then make the block :)
Old 09-11-2011, 04:32 AM

good one.. but you are stuck with your name... I just tried to change mine and couldn't .. but I have seen some good suggestions for yours...
Originally Posted by Treasureit
What if I make a block I like and change my name to match it!
I can't think of a block any suggestions?
Old 09-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by applique
Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
Then I would put a layer of Misty Fuse over the top, maybe add a layer of very fine tulle and/or glitter and fuse the whole thing so it doesn't ever get loose!
I like this!! You could also buttonhole stitch or satin stitch around the snowflake. Applique has so many techniques to try! :)
Old 09-11-2011, 08:36 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Stopped at JoAnn's after church and picked up fabric. May just have my block done by tonight!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc
Stopped at JoAnn's after church and picked up fabric. May just have my block done by tonight!
Wow you work fast!!!

Should we post our blocks here or start another thread????
I'm leaning toward starting another thread because then others who haven't seen this thread might be more inclined to look at our blocks. What do ya'll think??

PS If we start another thread I'll be sure & post a link here so we can find it!