Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 08-25-2010, 01:21 PM

Think I got left out here and am way behind. I'll go to a different quilt for now. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Yes please, Barb, your quilts are beautiful, thanks for sharing
Old 08-25-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by ganny
Think I got left out here and am way behind. I'll go to a different quilt for now. Thanks.
I'm so stupid! I didn't notice the dates on these postings!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Banned

Ganny, you are NOT stupid, and the date of the postings doesn't make any difference. I am currently working on a bargello too.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Ganny, you are NOT stupid, and the date of the postings doesn't make any difference. I am currently working on a bargello too.
I got discouraged on trying to pick out material and quit. :cry:
Old 08-26-2010, 08:34 AM

Have no fear Ganny, you are not alone on color selections. Finally had my DH help but now finding the time to start another project. If you roll back on the comments made in this topic you will find instructions to get to Barb's tutorial.
As for being stupid, not at all. We all have different schedules and life is always entertaining us with this distraction and that. So needless to say this is your itme to work on a Bargello, so go for it. As for your color selections, they do look like alot of fun to me. Like a migrating meadow and I'll be anxious to see the finished project. So don't hesitate any longer, look up the tutorial and go from there.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Covered in Threads
Have no fear Ganny, you are not alone on color selections. Finally had my DH help but now finding the time to start another project. If you roll back on the comments made in this topic you will find instructions to get to Barb's tutorial.
As for being stupid, not at all. We all have different schedules and life is always entertaining us with this distraction and that. So needless to say this is your itme to work on a Bargello, so go for it. As for your color selections, they do look like alot of fun to me. Like a migrating meadow and I'll be anxious to see the finished project. So don't hesitate any longer, look up the tutorial and go from there.
Thanks for the encouragement. I need it.

:!:
Old 08-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

wow, i love them both but the second one is gorgeous!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:32 AM

Oh, Ganny,

You are not stupid....I have been following this thread and it seems to me as though 90% or more of us all have a fear of using the "wrong color or fabric" I would love to start mine but the fear is holding me back...I am thinking about making a sample block by cutting 1"-2.5" strips and sewing them together in a step down fashion just to see if my selection is working...if not, I will have a pretty potholder on which to practice my fmq....Barb has provided an excellent tutorial...I just need to face my fear and do it anyway....there is no reason why you can not do this quilt....every journey starts with a baby step....
Old 08-26-2010, 12:42 PM

Barb has helped several of us make our choices in making this quilt. As others said, look back at the comments and questions. I posted pictures of my color choices and also the finished product. I was afraid it would be a big mess and now am totally delighted in everything from color, placement of the colors and the layout of my strips. This is one quilt that will be for me and no one else!! :lol: