Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 01-04-2011, 06:02 AM

Am I ever starting the year of right with this BOM. The church is gorgeous. What a great first block. I can't wait to see what other quilters create.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 AM

Gail- Qbee,
Thanks so much for the link to the piecing demo. It was very helpful to this wannbe quilter. :-)

here it is again in case someone needs it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2gKMx9CCM&NR=1
Old 01-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by The pitz
I posted a picture of my BOM for January but can't find
where it went. Did I put it in the wrong place?
HELP!!!!!!!
There is a separate section that is BOM pictures,I bet you put it there.I find the 2 sections confusing and am not sure where to post stuff.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:34 PM

Oh my gosh...THANK YOU Durinda!!! I was looking for that video...LOL! I posted another one but really like this one better! It goes over each step more clearly to me.
Thanks again!!

Originally Posted by Durinda
Gail- Qbee,
Thanks so much for the link to the piecing demo. It was very helpful to this wannbe quilter. :-)

here it is again in case someone needs it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2gKMx9CCM&NR=1
Old 01-04-2011, 03:22 PM

Bless your heart Pitz....it can be so confusing I know.
Just a couple of things. I did look for the picture you tried to post and did not find on one, which means it didn't post for some reason. For possibility is that you hit "PREVIEW" before hitting "SEND". Normally, you can preview your responses but NOT if you are doing a picture. If you hit "PREVIEW" with a picture, the picture won't work when you hit "SEND".
Now....how do I know a picture didn't post for you? You can check your "PROFILE". Here's how:
Look up where it says "HOME", etc. and you will see "MY PROFILE"...click that and you will see a list...here is mine and I'll use it to explain it all in bold:

User name: Qbee This gives the person's screen name on QB
User title (?): a regular here This says "regular" because I have made enough posts in the last couple of weeks for me to be a "regular"....LOL..this is never a problem for me! :D
(If you want to change your user name, then please contact Admin)
Number of topics created: 25 (list) Now this is where I looked for your picture. If you go to mine and click the "LIST" you will see every single thread that I have created. Now, this isn't the ones where I comment on someone elses thread; it is where I actually start a new thread. When I clicked on this to see all your posts, there was not one with a picture....so that's how I knew :)
Number of messages posted: 1641 (list) Now...this is where you will see why I am a "regular" LOL! I am a farily new member and have responded 1641 times!! I like the QB!
Feedback/rating: 7, positive 100.0% (list) This is what we call feedback. It is used to tell if anyone has had problems with me either in making purchases or swaps, etc.
My Bookmarks: (list) If you click on list you will see the topics that I have "bookmarked" or "saved" so I can see them later. Like if I see a quilt I want to make someday or something like that.
My Buddies: (list) This is just a list of my "buddies". Most are folks I talk to alot on the "Live Chat" in the evenings. You should try the chat....LOTS of fun!
My Pages: (list) This is new...it is kind of like the "bookmarks" but like with folders sort of. I haven't used it yet so can't explain it as well.

OK....so that is how to see what you have posted or what others have posted.

Now.....another thing that might help you. When you respond to a thread, unless you check for it to be "unwatched", it will start showing up on your "WATCHED TOPICS" anytime someone new posts on that thread. The first thing I do everytime I come on is go to the "WATCHED TOPICS" to see what is happening on the threads I have commented on.

Also, when you get on, you can go to the "HOME" page. From the "HOME" page, you can look through the different topics to find what you are looking for.

Now....several others have already given you this information but just to clarify here is where the directions for the Jan. BOM are:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-86667-1.htm

And here is where the pictures of everyone's blocks are:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-86669-1.htm

That's all I got :D I hope some of it helps!! Have fun!

I am so confused about this web site. Don't know where to post what!!!!!!!!!!!! I sent a pic of my church block and didn't appear anywhere. Then I sent another message about my confusion but haven't gotten an answer back. Could someone please explain where to post your block and where to see other blocks that others have made.
Thank you. I really want to do this.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:27 PM

Most folks are adding to the block to increase the size. If you look, they have added below the church to give it a green ground or snow or flowers or whatever and then adding to the left of the church by adding more sky and ground...one person added a tree!!! Hope this helps! Have fun!!

Originally Posted by JONIE
tk u very much...do we get pattern increased in size or use it as it is/
Old 01-04-2011, 03:37 PM

awesome job on the reply
Originally Posted by Qbee
Bless your heart Pitz....it can be so confusing I know.
Just a couple of things. I did look for the picture you tried to post and did not find on one, which means it didn't post for some reason. For possibility is that you hit "PREVIEW" before hitting "SEND". Normally, you can preview your responses but NOT if you are doing a picture. If you hit "PREVIEW" with a picture, the picture won't work when you hit "SEND".
Now....how do I know a picture didn't post for you? You can check your "PROFILE". Here's how:
Look up where it says "HOME", etc. and you will see "MY PROFILE"...click that and you will see a list...here is mine and I'll use it to explain it all in bold:

User name: Qbee This gives the person's screen name on QB
User title (?): a regular here This says "regular" because I have made enough posts in the last couple of weeks for me to be a "regular"....LOL..this is never a problem for me! :D
(If you want to change your user name, then please contact Admin)
Number of topics created: 25 (list) Now this is where I looked for your picture. If you go to mine and click the "LIST" you will see every single thread that I have created. Now, this isn't the ones where I comment on someone elses thread; it is where I actually start a new thread. When I clicked on this to see all your posts, there was not one with a picture....so that's how I knew :)
Number of messages posted: 1641 (list) Now...this is where you will see why I am a "regular" LOL! I am a farily new member and have responded 1641 times!! I like the QB!
Feedback/rating: 7, positive 100.0% (list) This is what we call feedback. It is used to tell if anyone has had problems with me either in making purchases or swaps, etc.
My Bookmarks: (list) If you click on list you will see the topics that I have "bookmarked" or "saved" so I can see them later. Like if I see a quilt I want to make someday or something like that.
My Buddies: (list) This is just a list of my "buddies". Most are folks I talk to alot on the "Live Chat" in the evenings. You should try the chat....LOTS of fun!
My Pages: (list) This is new...it is kind of like the "bookmarks" but like with folders sort of. I haven't used it yet so can't explain it as well.

OK....so that is how to see what you have posted or what others have posted.

Now.....another thing that might help you. When you respond to a thread, unless you check for it to be "unwatched", it will start showing up on your "WATCHED TOPICS" anytime someone new posts on that thread. The first thing I do everytime I come on is go to the "WATCHED TOPICS" to see what is happening on the threads I have commented on.

Also, when you get on, you can go to the "HOME" page. From the "HOME" page, you can look through the different topics to find what you are looking for.

Now....several others have already given you this information but just to clarify here is where the directions for the Jan. BOM are:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-86667-1.htm

And here is where the pictures of everyone's blocks are:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-86669-1.htm

That's all I got :D I hope some of it helps!! Have fun!

I am so confused about this web site. Don't know where to post what!!!!!!!!!!!! I sent a pic of my church block and didn't appear anywhere. Then I sent another message about my confusion but haven't gotten an answer back. Could someone please explain where to post your block and where to see other blocks that others have made.
Thank you. I really want to do this.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 PM

This is the first paper piecing I have done. Tonight I 'thought' I finished one of the first pieces. Just in case any one else is new at this.... when you print out the church pattern pieces, make sure to check the 1" test sq. It makes a huge difference in the finished piece. Now that I finished my "practice" piece, maybe tomorrow after work I can do the real deal.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 AM

OK. First time posting a picture here. Hope it works!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153800.jpe  
Old 01-05-2011, 06:16 AM

Beautiful!!!! You did a wonderful job.