Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 10-19-2016, 11:48 AM

Well, you determine the "UFOness" of a piece but I'd say yes...
Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
...So, since I used the remaining scraps from "Pony Up!" to make some matching pillows (and "Pony Up" was finished a month ago or so), do the pillows count as a finished UFO? I'm too tired to take and post pics right now, so I guess I'll post pillow pics when the quilt comes back.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:06 PM

I did it! I actually finished my Mother's placemats. I didn't think I ever would. Next hmm either the one for my bed or helping my 6 yr old granddaughter with the one she started!
The placemats really are a rectangle, not as wonky as in this picture.
Attached Thumbnails moms-placemats-web.jpg  
Old 10-19-2016, 03:35 PM

Good job!!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:30 PM

Jeanie love the colors. Congrats on the finish
Old 10-20-2016, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Woo hoo or rather Toot, Toot QM for these three terrific UFO finishes! Congratulations. Starlit Gardens and Baskets are amazing, but I guess I missed something about Flash? He was eaten???
Yeah, he was eaten by the adorable Hound that I posted a photo of. I had taken flash and set him under my sewing table so i could work on him next, all pinned and partially done with the applique pieces and patterns still attached, when i came home it was all over the room tore apart (what was only pinned) and pieces chewed on to no recognition and lost. Not sure if he ate the pins or what, but they were not around either. I was so angry I had to put the dog outside while I ranted and raged glaring at his adorable "I am sorry" look. He has not touched any of my projects since, but has gotten into more sewing stuff. I have to put everything up high so he does not get into things. I did make him that stuffed toy. Took him two days to break the squeakers in it. Will be glad when his puppyhood is gone. Can't keep up with him.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:34 AM

Lettawellman:
Speaking of ribbons, I did not get a "special email" from MQX Midwest.
However, I was thrilled to just get accepted, so as far as I'm concerned, that's a win. I'll post pics when it comes back.

I did not hear back from them either on my two entries, but at least we were accepted. Yeah, that is an accomplishment for sure. Its not like we can just jump in a car or plane to rush over to the award ceremony anyway right? LOL
Old 10-20-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Lettawellman:
Speaking of ribbons, I did not get a "special email" from MQX Midwest.
However, I was thrilled to just get accepted, so as far as I'm concerned, that's a win. I'll post pics when it comes back.

I did not hear back from them either on my two entries, but at least we were accepted. Yeah, that is an accomplishment for sure. Its not like we can just jump in a car or plane to rush over to the award ceremony anyway right? LOL
That is so true!!
However, one of the ladies in my longarm guild submitted3 quilts - all three were accepted, and ALL THREE WON RIBBONS!! Our group is SO proud of her!! She already had plans to attend (she posted last night that she was wore out from lots of classes), and she got the "special email" the night before her flight. I'm so thrilled for her!!

And QuilterMomma, I'm proud of you too, for getting accepted!! Perhaps next year we can both plan to be there, and perhaps we will both get a "special email".
Until then, I'm focusing on getting those UFO's done, and my stash organized!
Old 10-21-2016, 05:43 AM

Congratulations, Jeanine on your FIRST UFO finish with us! Toot, Toot!
Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
I did it! I actually finished my Mother's placemats. I didn't think I ever would. Next hmm either the one for my bed or helping my 6 yr old granddaughter with the one she started!
The placemats really are a rectangle, not as wonky as in this picture.

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-21-2016 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:49 AM

Well, he's lucky you allowed him to come back into the house. But he IS adorable and who can resist such cuteness?
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Yeah, he was eaten by the adorable Hound that I posted a photo of. I had taken flash and set him under my sewing table so i could work on him next, all pinned and partially done with the applique pieces and patterns still attached, when i came home it was all over the room tore apart (what was only pinned) and pieces chewed on to no recognition and lost. Not sure if he ate the pins or what, but they were not around either. I was so angry I had to put the dog outside while I ranted and raged glaring at his adorable "I am sorry" look. He has not touched any of my projects since, but has gotten into more sewing stuff. I have to put everything up high so he does not get into things. I did make him that stuffed toy. Took him two days to break the squeakers in it. Will be glad when his puppyhood is gone. Can't keep up with him.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:52 AM

So, I have a question...who is going to post the 365th finish of the year??? At this point, we are only 4 shy of that number. Who will it be? Hmmmm?

Rolling, rolling, rolling...

Edited to add: Did you all realize we surpassed last year's total of 321 UFO finishes? I had in my obviously faulty memory that last year it was much closer to 400 but 321 it was. I just went back and checked. CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE who posted a finish this year so far! Wow, quilters! Toot, Toot, Toot!

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-21-2016 at 05:58 AM.