Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open >
  • Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

• Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Old 02-19-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by JckieP
    Hi all, I'm sitting on the fence I'm making my way through reading the posts, trying to decide. Seems like a lot of fun!
    Oh quit sitting and join in the fun. You know you want to.
    Old 02-19-2016, 10:06 AM

I Love super hero's this will be really fun to play with. My 25yr old daughter a 12 year old boy at heart she will be quite jealous of your awesome quilt.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    I have my goal of 52 UFO projects to finish this year. But, I have a hard time putting myself into that box, so I gave myself permission to start a project if I finish three UFOs. This will be one of those starts. Since we do not get them back till June, hey I have all this time to work as I go. It is always a fresh start to the day to make one block and then work on an UFO. It helps ease in the frustration of "having" to finish them.
    Here are my fabrics for these swaps. I decided to send the same fabric for both swaps so I know I have enough blocks. I like to work in different fabrics and this one needs to stay the same stuff. Matching more into the red, blue, greens, and yellows will work great. Even adding black into the mix is good. Some orange, nephew is not real big on orange. White is also a good color. It will be for a man, 32. He is a kid at heart. I have already washed and dried the fabric, now to press, cut, bag, and put in envelope. Think I will meet that March deadline.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]543034[/ATTACH]
    Old 02-19-2016, 10:57 AM

Quiltermomma..you mean actually finish 52 UFO'S Binding and quilting and everything???? That's almost one a week!! No way could I do that in 3-4 years!! LOL....Do you do your own quilting or take I to someone? My biggest hold up is getting it machine quilted.I can and love to make tops but then its finding the backing and money to get them finished!! Im in awe of you if you can finish that many UFO'S. LOVE the super hero fabric!!
    Old 02-19-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Billi
    I just posted a picture in the boom 15 groups of my progress on my boom 14 quilt are we confused yet hahahaha I know I am hahaha,

still need to make my borders but I'm pretty pleased with it so far.
    I am so glad to hear that I thought I was loosing what I had left of my mind. I saw my block and thought it was from my first boom (14)
    Old 02-19-2016, 11:39 AM

I finished six of them last month and one so far this month. I got hung up on some blocks for another swap so that took time out. If things go my way, I will finish three more this weekend and yes that includes binding. I quilt on the weekends, yes on my longarm, and then do the bindings or a friend owes me a few favors, I give them to her to bind. Or, I swap out quilting for binding, depending on the quilt. This was my New Years Resolution to finish them by the end of the year. I am trying to do 10 projects a month. I am a little behind this month.
    Old 02-19-2016, 03:00 PM

Good grief Quilter Mooma I darn near had a heart attack reading how many UFO's you plan to finish. If I were to do that it would wipe out all of mine but know that hat is not feasible. Love my booms and swaps to much to not join in and this seems to be the year of the baby. Finished 2 baby blankets, a third top is made and the fourth I bought the fabric for. Just seems to go on but you really should join us it is so much fun and Janice is a great host.[h=3][/h]
    Old 02-19-2016, 04:55 PM

Super heros - I keep visualizing watching Batman on the screen it says "POW" etc. Thinking about a block...oh the thoughts are there but can I make it??!
    Attached Thumbnails images.png  

Last edited by travelinggramma; 02-19-2016 at 04:57 PM.
    Old 02-20-2016, 06:50 AM

Good morning. So last night I spent 15 minutes writing a long post on my iphone, something that never works out very well for me, when DH came in to tell me that a pig and a bassett hound were at our front gate. Excuse me? A pig and a bassett? So, of course, I had to go look. My dogs are berserk trying to get to them. My old mutt wanted the pig for dinner but the pit bull was all about playing with them both and clearly the visitors wanted in. Either way, they couldn't come inside. I thought I knew where they belonged but I phoned my next door neighbor and she confirmed they belonged to the new neighbors behind us. (At this point I should say we are at our little cabin in the country this weekend. We don't have pigs in our subdivision, at least not that I know of.) So, what to do? We corralled our dogs and I squeezed out of the gate and began walking. Lo and behold, they trailed along beside me down the dirt road, about a quarter mile walk. It was dusk and it was a bit surreal walking these little guys home. By the time we all arrived at their place, the "mom" was calling for them. So we officially introduced ourselves and I learned that Dotty, the spotted pig, and Harvey, the bassett are best buddies and they play with the other two dogs on the property. No wonder they wanted to into our yard; they came to play! So, having thoroughly enjoyed that Pied Piper moment, I looked at the cell phone and of course, I had disconnected from the net and therefore deleted the long post. Uggg. So here we go again...this time on the computer.

As some of you are getting your fabrics ready for the swap, I just want to run down the prep. All fabric should be pre-washed, pressed, de-selvaged, and THEN cut into fat eighths. (We will be able to use eighths this round although FAT eighths are preferred.) When cut, please place each piece in a separate quart or sandwich-sized ziplock-type bag. (Please no tiny bags or huge gallon ones or any with the hard zipper.) Please add to each bag any color REQUESTS or notes if you have them, and then label every bag with your BOARD NAME so it is clearly readable from the outside. Unless you intend to direct a specific piece of fabric to a certain person, please do NOT put the other members' names on the packages as I will distribute them without regard to name. (It takes too long for me to sort everything if each of the hundreds of baggies I will receive has a name on them. That's a job for only my final sort. ) When this is done, take all your little baggies and place them in a single LARGE ziplock-style bag labeled with your board name and the group name. If you are in multiple groups, please separate your F8s into two large bags in the same fashion. I will use those bags to send the group's fabrics to you, you'll use it for the blocks you make and ship to me and then it'll come back to you with your completed blocks. If you are in both groups, you should be able to put all f8s in a single mailing envelope, if you pack them snugly and carefully.

OK, that's enough for now. I want to get this posted before I lose it again as DH wants use of the computer.

Have a lovely day!
    Old 02-20-2016, 09:14 AM

Janice, I have decided that I want to do the 3 month group also. I'll use the same fabric for both groups. That way , I should have enough blocks for a big quilt.
    Old 02-20-2016, 10:30 AM

Done! Thanks, Libster!

Update: that makes 16 in the three month group and 9 in the two month group.

Originally Posted by Libster
    Janice, I have decided that I want to do the 3 month group also. I'll use the same fabric for both groups. That way , I should have enough blocks for a big quilt.

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-20-2016 at 10:33 AM.