Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 11-01-2016, 06:22 PM

Rob, at first glance I thought it was a crazy quilt (my favorite!) I really think the wonkiness made it more interesting.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:44 PM

great quilt Rob
Old 11-02-2016, 10:14 AM

Like that one Rob. I am working on one now to get rid of my scraps. With the amount of scraps I have, could take me five of them to do. Great job.

I am done with a ufo, but have no picture yet. It is a scrap quilt that, like Rob, has been sitting around for mumble mumble years. Will post hopefully tonight.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561137[/ATTACH]
Here is my mess of next UFO to be done. Apparently it had become two because at one point I went to an embroidery get together and started another one because I could not find my fabric with the one I did start. So now two UFOs. They are going to get done now. That is final. I have quilting already set up for it. Just the pain of getting them embroidered appliqued. Oh the joy.
Looks promising. Love your set up!
Old 11-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Finished another UFO!

Here's my October finish. It sat around for mumble mumble years in the form of 12" squares that I couldn't decide what to do with since they were all wonky... Last week I decided wonky was going to have to be okay, otherwise it was going to sit on my UFO pile mocking me for another ***** years LOL.

Rob
Love it! Did you foundation piece it? What pattern did you use? Great quilting too!
Old 11-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Not a UFO but something that gave me much joy to put together. This is my DH today. We call him "Tinker-Pat"
LOL Kind of scary! How did you ever get him into it and how did you get his permission to take a picture, let alone post it? Hahahaha
Old 11-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
silliness, your finishes are great...I especially like the big star ones...they take average pretty squares to a new level.

Janice, count a finish for me as I will have the final stitches put in as I watch my Sunday night shows. The HST are from a guild swap several years ago. Setting blocks, borders, backing, and binding all from stash. I panicked when sewing the last border. I figured I had just enough fabric and proceeded to sew it on. I used diagonal seams when joining the lengths and it took more than I needed, and not enough fabric to finish. Why not the broken dishes cornerstones? This was a practice FMQ experience sewn on my DSM...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561327[/ATTACH]
Wow oksewglad! Very classy quilt. Look at all those half square triangles.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561136[/ATTACH]
Here is my leaf ufo. I gave it to my wonderful neighbors.
That came out great quiltermomma. I see some of my blocks. Mine also went to friends. It is the perfect time of year for gifting a Fall leaf quilt. I bet they love it. Awesome quilting too!
Old 11-02-2016, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Love it! Did you foundation piece it? What pattern did you use? Great quilting too!
I used those triangle papers that Missouri Star quilts was selling several years ago for their wacky web quilts, but didn't follow the directions correctly so none of the points ended up being pointed. That's why the squares sat for so long, I discovered my error after I'd put the triangles together at which point I was not going to go back and fix them LOL.

No pattern other than pulling scraps out of the shoe box that I use for scraps that are too small for anything other than string or crumb quilting and stitching them to the triangle papers. Thanks.

rob
Old 11-02-2016, 12:13 PM

Oksewglad--love the way you used the broken dishes--great save! Beautiful quilt.