Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-13-2014, 07:19 AM

Just in case my SS did not wade through 25 pages of past chat, here's some of my faves that I don't think I put on my initial email:
I collect cats (real and virtual), and I absolutely LOVE bright colors. I gravitate towards novelty prints and batiks. Yummy. I also like tea and coffee, but I can't have caffeine, and being diabetic, avoid sugar. And the worst thing? I'm allergic to chocolate! I make do with coconut and licorice on occasion. And speaking of coffee, I have a Keurig coffee maker, and let me tell you that it's the best for a quick fix in the morning. And because it's brewed by the cup, I waste a lot less than I used to with the drip coffee maker!
I also collect patterns for cute bags and all kinds of sewing notions, etc. Hard to describe, but every time I see a new pattern for something useful and/or just too darned cute, I buy it!
Old 10-13-2014, 07:30 AM

I haven't found a pattern for a MR yet that I think my person would like. I think I am over thinking this! I just reread this and I think that is enough thinking! Maybe I will just relax and make something that has what she likes on it.
For myself I can't remember what I put down as my likes but in case anyone needs to know, I have two Boston terriers, drink coffee, blue is my favorite color but then I like all colors. I collect patterns, mostly for totes and handbags, love sewing knickknacks which can also be used.
I haven't seen my person post here so I'll just do the best that I can and hope it is a winner!
My hint....you live in a large town.

Last edited by sunrise450; 10-13-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:36 AM

The upside about sending is well you complete your part of the bargain. I will try to keep an eye on those who don't post anywhere on the board and if you are worried after a few weeks of no news I will see what the heck is up with them. I don't want any no shows. Everyone should receive a package. I realize there are some exceptions due to hospitalization and medical needs. Other than that I wont tolerate no shows. They will be banned completely from swapping here on the board. Not kidding. Then I am required to find many angels to cover for others bad behavior. I know all about this.. I did a quilt exchange just a couple months ago. I sent a quilt to my partner and she did not send to me. disappeared from the board completely. I took it with a grain of salt but let me assure you I wont forget it. That is not happening

On a good note I am almost done with my mini wall quilt then its off to sewing mug rugs and doing a round robin that also has a due date. already lost one week trying to finish other things but promise Jaba I will get on it as quick as I can! its good to be busy some days
Old 10-13-2014, 08:29 AM

This has happened to me a few times with different swaps, but I always like to try again.

I'm going through patterns to see what I can find for my partner, hope she'll be pleased with whatever I pick.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
The upside about sending is well you complete your part of the bargain. I will try to keep an eye on those who don't post anywhere on the board and if you are worried after a few weeks of no news I will see what the heck is up with them. I don't want any no shows. Everyone should receive a package. I realize there are some exceptions due to hospitalization and medical needs. Other than that I wont tolerate no shows. They will be banned completely from swapping here on the board. Not kidding. Then I am required to find many angels to cover for others bad behavior. I know all about this.. I did a quilt exchange just a couple months ago. I sent a quilt to my partner and she did not send to me. disappeared from the board completely. I took it with a grain of salt but let me assure you I wont forget it. That is not happening

On a good note I am almost done with my mini wall quilt then its off to sewing mug rugs and doing a round robin that also has a due date. already lost one week trying to finish other things but promise Jaba I will get on it as quick as I can! its good to be busy some days
Old 10-13-2014, 08:31 AM

I have been blessed with a SS that has distinct tastes and was very clear on what she does and doesn't like. All the while being very open to whatever I choose to do. This is my first mug rug swap and actually my first attempts at making one. I decided a small project was worth trying something I had never done before. I am having so much fun learning to do it and am enjoying the process so much! How great is that! (Finished four and am on my fifth!)

After reading about folks whose swappers haven't posted much, I realize how much easier it has been for me simply because my person posted so many specifics in her profile. I am not sure that I have been as generous with the info for my swapper, having been raised to expect little and be grateful for whatever I get.

So, even if this is putting me out of my comfort zone, I am going to list a few things a little more specifically, just in case my swapper has been at a loss to know what I like:

The 30's are my era. I collect kitchen gadgets in the apple green and red of that time.
Aprons
Hens & Chicks
Kitties
Farm Themes
Gardening
Bee's & Hives (My name means Busy Bee)
Autumn Themes

I hope this helps in some way. I encourage everyone to be specific in their preferences. It really helped make things easier for me.

HINT for my SS: Traveling through your state would be a Moooo-ving experience!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:34 AM

Well I'm a guilty party - I haven't post all that often of late - much too busy with too many irons in the fire.
I'm a huge fan of winter, I love any sort of snowman, snowflakes etc - you get the picture. I also am a fan of turkey red - don't ask me what it looks like - I just know it when I see it. I'm partial to batiks and 30's reproduction fabrics.
I'm part of a pack - I favor DOGS and not cats. We don't give our dog treats other than a teenie greenie once a day and no people food - everyone thinks we're being mean that way but we love our dog enough to not want him overweight from people food; I like to garden and do primitive wood crafts. I like to read suspenseful mysteries and some psycho thrillers - I've been know to toss in a no-minder once in a while. I love to cook and bake; I drink both coffee and tea - I prefer dark ales over commercial beers - I seldom drink sodas; I love a good joke and appreciate my friends. Hopefully this gives you some sort of small hint about me.

Wishing you all a beautiful Monday.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
HINT for my SS: Traveling through your state would be a Moooo-ving experience!
Guessing it's a state with a good milk parlor - LOL
Old 10-13-2014, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
Guessing it's a state with a good milk parlor - LOL
Hmmmmmm.......I'll have to ruminate on that comment for a while.

Dabbler312, is your dog an Anatolian or Great Pyrenees?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:55 AM

I too have not posted much. I favour batiks, bright colours and metallic fabrics, but I also have fallen in love with wall hangings and doll quilts that I have received that are completely opposite of these colours. I don't have any theme that I am partial to, but my goal this year in quilting is to make landscape quilt, so I guess I like those! I like all the little extras that can be put on a quilt - buttons, couching materials, charms, etc. - these would not work on a mug rug however! Okay, now I'm off to finalize a decision for my partner!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

first off, if we make the mug rug now and put it in an envelope with the addy on it, there's no reason for it not to be shipped out, or forgot. i have envelopes for the next few months in the corner, as i get things, i add them.

next, I LOVE cats, and anything kitty, wooden spools, sand and cats. I have a Russian blue but love all cats. Oh, ANything kittenish is good too, and chocolate. i hate coffee and drink lots of ice teas. i love aquas and pinks, seperately.
I decorate for the holidays with AQUA and WHITE. I collect cute pincushions too. i have small collections of sand from all over the world. a tablespoon or 2 will do. This way, i own property from all over the world!!!

I also love Jesse James button s and fancy pretty buttons