Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Mug Rug Swap:  At the Zoo (maker's choice) >

August Mug Rug Swap: At the Zoo (maker's choice)

August Mug Rug Swap: At the Zoo (maker's choice)

Old 08-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Great job, Snownannie!
Old 08-22-2015, 02:54 PM

Wow! Wonderful mug rugs are still showing up! And I wasn't gone that long!

Robinlee -- sewbizgirl did a great job on your mug rug. I recognize that fabric. Two years ago, someone I know brought that fabric back with her from Florida & gave me a FQ of it; I turned it into a beach bag (with the mesh). I especially love the way sewbizgirl put one flamingo on the edge of the mug rug -- thinking outside the box! Nice swap!

nhnative -- Snownannie outdid herself this month! Love the way she spelled out the work "zoo" with animals! Another one thinking outside the box-- & great goodies!

dotcomdtcm -- your partner, Crafty1, used some unusual fabric -- very ethnic-looking to me; great choice! And isn't it wonderful that you already have just the right place for them?

You ladies did a great job -- but, then, I didn't expect anything less!
Old 08-22-2015, 06:03 PM

I too love the Flamingos. In this area, I haven't seen this fabric. Too cute. The item she included was a Tea Bag holder. Can't wait to use. Included 4 different Teas.

Sewbizgirl, your package is ready to go. I think you will like it....it has your favorite Zoo animal on it.

Please forgive me for not being on here much. Since the first of August I haven't been home much, and not all of the August stuff was in my summer plans. And we started school this past Wednesday....and stressed. Went to my Professional Development conference for 3 1/2 days in Bismarck, did a presentation at a workshop on Blogging for use in the classroom/personal. Then when I got back home I spent the next couple days Gearing up for FCCLA. WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO????

A question, is there any other school teachers here??? Often wondered.

My last day in Bismarck (during conf.) it was 103* the hottest it's been for us till that day. This summer. Good thing our conference was indoors and AC was going. We had a few hot days since and today we are lucky to be at 50* with strong winds and raining. Feels like Autumn is in the air.

Well I hope all is staying warm or cool whichever the case maybe.
Robinlee

QUOTE=ctyankee;7294161]Wow! Wonderful mug rugs are still showing up! And I wasn't gone that long!

Robinlee -- sewbizgirl did a great job on your mug rug. I recognize that fabric. Two years ago, someone I know brought that fabric back with her from Florida & gave me a FQ of it; I turned it into a beach bag (with the mesh). I especially love the way sewbizgirl put one flamingo on the edge of the mug rug -- thinking outside the box! Nice swap!

nhnative -- Snownannie outdid herself this month! Love the way she spelled out the work "zoo" with animals! Another one thinking outside the box-- & great goodies!

dotcomdtcm -- your partner, Crafty1, used some unusual fabric -- very ethnic-looking to me; great choice! And isn't it wonderful that you already have just the right place for them?

You ladies did a great job -- but, then, I didn't expect anything less![/QUOTE]
Old 08-22-2015, 06:23 PM

Robin lee, I'm a retired Family Consumer Science (Home Econimics) teacher as well ( in 2004). Loved FCCLA conventions. I especially loved Boston and saw you were back there this year. My co- teacher , Edna Ulbrich is still teaching and posted some great pictures on FB . I still consider summer projects to be done before school starts. Isn't that funny , old habits. However today was my husbands project tasks. Here's a photo of our productive day. Planted 15 live oak trees down the lane to the house , and completed the flower bed on the south side of the house. Then rested with adult beverages in the cool breeze of the evening. As you can see we are DRY in south Texas. We did have good spring rains but not more than 1/2" since . Robin Lee I'm glad you posted. PM me if you want stay in contact [ATTACH=CONFIG]528517[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]528518[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]528519[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by Nan62; 08-22-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:27 PM

Rhnative, omg. That is the cutest Mugrug by snowannie . LOVE IT! And the FQ. Too. Ha ha. You girls wow

cute, christinecrafty1

Last edited by Nan62; 08-22-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:04 PM

Nan62, awesome pic and looks like hubby is pleased. Nice job you both did today!! I see your chicken coup, don't you just love those fresh eggs? We sure like ours!!
Old 08-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post

Sewbizgirl, your package is ready to go. I think you will like it....it has your favorite Zoo animal on it.
An elephant?! Cool.... Hope you can de-stress a bit over the weekend. I added a second part-time job to my life a couple of weeks ago-- stress for me too. I think it will be managable, eventually. I just have to learn everything right now. Will watch for your package.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

Nan62, love your garden with the pottery. Those live oaks will be so beautiful when they grow up! And hubby looks like a happy guy. You have a lovely place.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:05 AM

Nan62 what a great job you did on your landscaping. And is that an oil well i see. We have a lot of them here and it's so funny to see them as I'm from NH. How smart was that to have laying chickens. I just saw that a dozen of eggs here was $2.99. I had bought some a week ago and it was $2. I wonder how much they are charging for home Eggs for Sale places here.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
Robinlee -- sewbizgirl did a great job on your mug rug. I recognize that fabric. Two years ago, someone I know brought that fabric back with her from Florida & gave me a FQ of it; I turned it into a beach bag (with the mesh).
Yup... I used Barbara Kibbler's gift fabrics for it! Love flamingoes! Barb went to Florida and brought that back for everyone in her swap.