Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 08-28-2010, 03:25 PM

Barb, I am also having trouble seeing the red/pink numbers on the fabrics...I would like to blame it on my monitor, but the truth is that my eyes just aren't what they used to be...
Old 08-28-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Ganny, I do like those fabrics! Take a photo of 1 through 10, then lay the others to the end. Barb said "and then the little pink flowers on the green background would be your "kicker" (?11?)and end with the more (?12?)solid green."
Barb, if GaiGai wouldn't mind, would you care if she did a copy paste of her document of your tutorial that takes the conversations out? I, too, kept getting lost in the updates. I did gain from the updates, understanding the theory, choosing the colors and so much more but I wasn't able to begin making the quilt so I stopped. I am just so happy that you give your time to us the way you have. You must be a wonderful person.
Regards, Dorothy
On Edit: Ganny, you were making your update as I was making mine. I didn't see yours untill I finished mine.
You have 20 minutes to make updates. (I think the 20 minutes start new with each update.) Would you take white squares of paper and put numbers on each fabric (1-12). Then Barb and speak of them by the number. I love the fabrics!
I don't think that is exactly what Barb was talking about. Not sure but think she said to end with the green.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Right, I think you have them in the order Barb was asking you for. I think you and I are saying the same thing.
Leave them in the order you have them in now, put white squares of paper on them numbering them 1_12. Post a photo of the numbered fabrics. Then if Barb wants you to switch some around she can speak of them by number. I can't wait to see your quilt. I am so proud of you!
Old 08-28-2010, 04:33 PM

[quote=ganny
I added a second purple - ? Maybe not - sorta makes the light green look "alone". What am I talking about? I don't know![/quote]

Yes, the light green does look lonely. You cauld move the light green over to the end next to the dark green, then the next darker, next darker. It is hard to tell if those are all green. Are they?
Old 08-28-2010, 04:39 PM

Barb, if GaiGai wouldn't mind, would you care if she did a copy paste of her document of your tutorial that takes the conversations out? I, too, kept getting lost in the updates. I did gain from the updates, understanding the theory, choosing the colors and so much more but I wasn't able to begin making the quilt so I stopped. I am just so happy that you give your time to us the way you have. You must be a wonderful person.
Regards, Dorothy
Dorothy, I don't mind if Gaigai post the updated tutorial.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
Regards, Dorothy
Thank you. I will send her a pm.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:00 PM

[quote=Barb_MO]
Originally Posted by ganny
I added a second purple - ? Maybe not - sorta makes the light green look "alone". What am I talking about? I don't know![/quote

Yes, the light green does look lonely. You cauld move the light green over to the end next to the dark green, then the next darker, next darker. It is hard to tell if those are all green. Are they?
Yes, they are all greens. I think I might leave them as I have them and see. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by ganny

Yes, they are all greens. I think I might leave them as I have them and see. Thanks.
That would be fine. I suggest cutting one 2 1/2 in strip of each fabric. lay them out as you have them here and take a look. There really isn't a set way to lay the fabrics out, what ever is pleasing to you....they will look great in a bargello.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Thank you so much for your help - I really appreciate your time on it. I think it might be very pretty. Now I am anxious to get started. Thanks again. :-)
Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
Regards, Dorothy
Thank you. I will send her a pm.

Y'all I just tried to post the amended tutorial, but I don't think it will be feasible. I have to cut and paste not only every sentence and reformat it into the post, but stop and re-insert the photos. I can't just cut and paste everything. Well, I could, but it would be all text and no photos, or not in order. A better solution might be to have people PM me and give me their email address and let me send them an attachment that way. Sorry.