Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 08-15-2010, 10:29 PM

Night all...
Old 08-15-2010, 10:33 PM

Hi, I've been watching you all but just had time to write. It's 11:32 here. I'm usually up until between midnight and 1 am. Just a night owl I guess. I teach night classes so come home completely awake and it has become a habit. Nice to know I'm not the only one.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Hi, I've been watching you all but just had time to write. It's 11:32 here. I'm usually up until between midnight and 1 am. Just a night owl I guess. I teach night classes so come home completely awake and it has become a habit. Nice to know I'm not the only one.
It is 3: 10 back on the east coast. but I showered and took a cat nap and now I am for the rest of the night. Will cat nap around 5:30.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:13 PM

Well, I'm caving for tonight. Have a good Monday everyone!
Old 08-16-2010, 02:00 AM

I am up at night quite often - hormones I'm thinking. I usually go to bed at the same time as my husband - as we use that time for catching up with each other from the day/week. Then I read for a bit - and turn off the light so he can sleep (he works every day - I can stay home). BUT usually sometime in the middle of the night I am back up. I don't like turning on the light again - it wakes him. So, if I truly cannot get back to sleep by just laying there I usually get up, get online, look around, read a bit and then fall asleep on the uncomfortable to sleep on couch/chair and go back to sleep...
Old 08-16-2010, 06:18 AM

I've had two nights in a row without the sleeping pills (ran out). Amazing to me. I'm not taking any more unless I start havinga problem again,.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:31 PM

Hi all I really need to go to sleep tonight because we have an early appointment in the morning. So I hope I can fall asleep at about eleven tonight. Hope you all have a great evening. Bye and Nite Nite.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:52 PM

I have not been to sleep since I woke up Sunday morning. Here it is almost midnight & I am just buzzed. And I have not had any caffeine since early afternoon!!! This is getting so old! grrrrr I'm going to go take a warm bath and then read for awhile. See if that will work. I hope you all get some sleep tonight.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:56 PM

I made a mistake and didn't order my sleep medication when I should have. This has meant I have had no sleep medicine for 2 nights. Both nights I took a Naproxin and within a half and hour was asleep. I still wake up to use the bathroom, but I have slept. The other thing I have done is to go to bed before mid-night.

I'm not cured, but encouraged as I have some more positive things happening in my life.

Have a good evening See you tomorrow, Gwyn
Old 08-16-2010, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I have not been to sleep since I woke up Sunday morning. Here it is almost midnight & I am just buzzed. And I have not had any caffeine since early afternoon!!! This is getting so old! grrrrr I'm going to go take a warm bath and then read for awhile. See if that will work. I hope you all get some sleep tonight.
Perhaps after a bath and reading, could you do some sewing, quilting or planning for a quilt. Cook dinner for tomorrow or bake some banana bread for breakfast. Listen to music and just enjoy listening to the house breathe and be quiet.

If you don't go to sleep, just shower and dress and go to the appointment. I don't think you should drive. Eventually you will get tired and be able to take a nap.

Sleeplessness is a frustrating condition, but if you go with it instead of fighting it, it can become less of an issue.