• Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open >
  • Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

• Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Old 02-22-2016, 02:52 PM

Anna I love your quilt, how big is it?
    Old 02-22-2016, 02:53 PM
    Power Poster

Cool My colors fast group 2 months

Ok one group will get solid white. I would like people to add tone on tone oranges and greys or fabrics, prints, that have only orange, grey colors in it. Modern and or traditional patterns are welcome but I have a preference for stars or something like it. I prefer no applique for this quilt.

I will be sending out a solid Kona white. I added grey and orange fabrics in the picture to show the types of oranges or greys I would like to add. They could definitely be prints also and I would like it.

The flimsy top in the picture I found online and shows a nice orange, grey and white quilt. I would love it to have the feel of this orange, grey and white quilt. Please do not add any other whites or other colors besides greys and oranges. Thank you! I am super excited to see what everyone will make. Please feel free to keep any white you have left over or send it back if you want.

After posting the one orange shows as a red on my computer. It is supposed to be orange and NOT red. Sorry about that.
    Attached Thumbnails 261-custom-.jpg   268-custom-.jpg   9120e1f3cc9a119a6cdc32c95ceeb51c-custom-.jpg  
    Old 02-22-2016, 03:04 PM
    Power Poster

Wink My colors slow group 3 months

I finally decided what to do for the other swap. I am sending Kona black. I hope you will be able to add lots of happy tone on tone or solid brights, Amish feel, to this black fabric. Please use only one or two brights per blocks and if using tone on tone please use tone on tone that really looks like one bright color.

Please no pink, white, prints like florals, poly cottons and other black.

Kind of this feel. The picture is of a quilt I made with swap blocks several years ago. If you have any of this Kona black fabric left you can send it back or keep it. Either way is fine.

Thank you!

I am sending the Kona black fabric and I added the other colors to show what I would like it to look like.
    I am thrilled to be collecting blocks to make a similar quilt to the one I did previously. My son now owns that one so it would be nice to have another one.
    Attached Thumbnails 263-custom-.jpg   cd38a6a24332f81ed8f0f914449fed8c-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 02-22-2016 at 03:06 PM.
    Old 02-22-2016, 03:24 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Anna I love your quilt, how big is it?
    I don't own it any more but the blocks were 12 inches finnished and the inner purple border is about 6 inches finnished and the outer purple border is about 8 inches finished, so I think it is about 88x88 inches square. My son uses it on a queen sized bed but it is a bit small for that but it works as he is not super tall.
    Old 02-22-2016, 03:52 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Ok one group will get solid white. Please do not add any other whites or other colors besides greys and oranges.

What I meant is please do not add any other solid white. Prints that have orange and white and or grey and white would be wonderful.

So am I clear as mud? I guess the picture of the top speaks for itself.
    Old 02-22-2016, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Ok one group will get solid white. I would like people to add tone on tone oranges and greys or fabrics, prints, that have only orange, grey colors in it. Modern and or traditional patterns are welcome but I have a preference for stars or something like it. I prefer no applique for this quilt.

I will be sending out a solid Kona white. I added grey and orange fabrics in the picture to show the types of oranges or greys I would like to add. They could definitely be prints also and I would like it.

The flimsy top in the picture I found online and shows a nice orange, grey and white quilt. I would love it to have the feel of this orange, grey and white quilt. Please do not add any other whites or other colors besides greys and oranges. Thank you! I am super excited to see what everyone will make. Please feel free to keep any white you have left over or send it back if you want.

After posting the one orange shows as a red on my computer. It is supposed to be orange and NOT red. Sorry about that.
    I believe I have a great print for this and an idea I'm excited about.
    Old 02-22-2016, 04:32 PM

Janice I will try and get downstairs a bit later and take a picture of fabric for second swap. I was naughty and sewed without my boot today. Paying the price now. Anyone else working on the Splendid Sampler. Block 3 was a very humbling expierence. 42 pieces in a 6.5" block. Glad I have some hair left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543295[/ATTACH]
    Very cute. I did a foundation pp, picture of a weeping angel that had several hundred pieces in a 12.5 inch block.
    Old 02-22-2016, 04:45 PM

Kassandra that is just plain crazy.
    Old 02-22-2016, 05:09 PM

Kassandra, you have more patience than me, Lady. I think it takes a special talent to do paper piecing and I applaud you.
    Annaquilts, I don't like orange but I really like the quilt you've shown us. I think I have an orange that will fit the bill for what you want. I love the other quilt you made with the Amish look.
    Old 02-22-2016, 07:09 PM
    Power Poster

Kassandra that is just plain crazy.
    Yes this!!!! You got to be kassaundra for that. By the way I just know you will make something really nice with the orange, grey and white. Can't wait to see your creativity.