Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
have any of you decided to just go gray? >

have any of you decided to just go gray?

have any of you decided to just go gray?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 PM

My hair was always been a dishwater color and so I have colored it since I was 17. I don't think I want to stop now; beside which my husband has told me he doesn't want an old gray-haired wife. Of course, his hair is milk while, but then I think it looks much better on a man.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewer 55
My hair was always been a dishwater color and so I have colored it since I was 17. I don't think I want to stop now; beside which my husband has told me he doesn't want an old gray-haired wife. Of course, his hair is milk while, but then I think it looks much better on a man.
yeah, but you can really do some great things with foil highlights..being blonde sucks sometimes...trust me, I am a hairdresser and I know these things...
Old 03-27-2011, 07:48 PM

I have been toying with letting my hair go gray.. but I have such lousy hair.. very fine, very very straight, and not a lot of it anymore! So not only do I color my hair, but I have to set it in curlers or I have this straggly, flat, awful looking mess.. I have it long so that at least when the curl falls out (which is if a breeze blows past it, or a rain drop falls on it, or it's going to get foggy later on) then I can put it up and it's okay.. not good, but okay.. If I let it go gray, it would look gastly... just can't stand the idea of having children running away and women crying when they saw me coming!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Judie
I have been toying with letting my hair go gray.. but I have such lousy hair.. very fine, very very straight, and not a lot of it anymore! So not only do I color my hair, but I have to set it in curlers or I have this straggly, flat, awful looking mess.. I have it long so that at least when the curl falls out (which is if a breeze blows past it, or a rain drop falls on it, or it's going to get foggy later on) then I can put it up and it's okay.. not good, but okay.. If I let it go gray, it would look gastly... just can't stand the idea of having children running away and women crying when they saw me coming!
stop it....I laughed so hard I woke the dogs..hehehe
I hear ya though..straight wispy, thinning hair..lost 1/2 of my hair after weight loss surgery and 18 months later it is still not as thick as it used to be!

wish I could perm, but too many meds for that now a days...
Old 03-27-2011, 08:02 PM

I love my gray hair i do use shemerming Lights from Sally's and have been for 26 yrs.now amd love my color.It's the purple shampoo
Old 03-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned

I use to highlight my hair then I wanted to donate it so I had to let to gorw out. they wanted virgin hair. It was past my waist and then was told I couldn't donate as they will not take gray hair. I cut it shoulder length and left it natural. I would say about 1/8 of it is gray. I will grow old gracefully no more highlighting for me. On top of that I don't have the money to do it even though I always did it myself since I was 16, no salon for me,
Old 03-27-2011, 08:51 PM

I love my salt n pepper hair and would not dream of coloring it.

My hair started turning in my 40's with white steaks right down the middle in the front and than some gray and than more white and gray mixed in.

You know what they say about gray and white hair...... gray are the lessons learned and white with lessons learned come wisdom.

My mom's oldest sister had the most beautiful white shiny hair and my mom was like me salt and pepper color.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Banned

As I get older my fair hair has DARKENED ,and only have a small swathe of grey hairs on both temples, don't mind the grey but HATE the darker colouring so I have v light highlights put in!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by AKDaffyodil
I love the gray in my hair. I figure I earned every single one of them!!
Me too!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:14 AM

I wish I could ... but right now I only get grays on top ! :roll: