Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

July 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

July 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 07-18-2011, 05:05 PM

You got my curiosity up now Jean. :) It will be funny if we did similar ones because in my block swap, my partner and I did similar blocks also. I guess we're all tuned in to each other. :)

I'll post a pix of it as soon as I get it since I know you have trouble posting pictures. I'm glad that you like it.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:29 PM

Bonni, Your Sue and Sam are so sweet.....not sure if it's the red and white colors, but they look vintage to me..so nice.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Linny
Bonni, Your Sue and Sam are so sweet.....not sure if it's the red and white colors, but they look vintage to me..so nice.
Thanks Linny. I have a story to tell about that thread. I had to do a redwork block for something and looked up what color of red to use. It said turkey red and then which number of DMC, etc. I knew then that I just HAD to do redwork.

You see, (hold giggles until the end please) I grew up on a turkey farm (yep, that explains a lot about my family). Whenever a new guy would get hired, the farm (we didn't own it but my dad worked for the guy)would send the guy out to buy turkey red paint to paint the barns because you could only use turkey red paint on a turkey farm. Back then, there wasn't anything like "matching color" systems, etc. The new guy would be going all around town, which he had to drive 30 miles to get to, to find turkey red paint. When he finally got back, flustered because he didn't want to tell the boss he couldn't even find something simple like paint, they would fess up. They just had to give the new guy a bit of hassles before they accepted him.

So here I was, looking for turkey red, just like my brother and father had done years ago....except for me DMC #8 perle cotton DOES come in turkey red. :)

Thanks for listening....you may now chuckle.

gobble gobble
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by Linny
Thanks Linny. I have a story to tell about that thread. I had to do a redwork block for something and looked up what color of red to use. It said turkey red and then which number of DMC, etc. I knew then that I just HAD to do redwork.

You see, (hold giggles until the end please) I grew up on a turkey farm (yep, that explains a lot about my family). Whenever a new guy would get hired, the farm (we didn't own it but my dad worked for the guy)would send the guy out to buy turkey red paint to paint the barns because you could only use turkey red paint on a turkey farm. Back then, there wasn't anything like "matching color" systems, etc. The new guy would be going all around town, which he had to drive 30 miles to get to, to find turkey red paint. When he finally got back, flustered because he didn't want to tell the boss he couldn't even find something simple like paint, they would fess up. They just had to give the new guy a bit of hassles before they accepted him.

So here I was, looking for turkey red, just like my brother and father had done years ago....except for me DMC #8 perle cotton DOES come in turkey red. :)

Thanks for listening....you may now chuckle.

gobble gobble
What a cute story....I love it....and I'm chuckling.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin
Dragonfly Nana, the little jewel is done. Am now working on the lable for it . I will have your dolly quilt in the mail tomorrow! I am so excited .... this is so much fun!!!!!!
Woo hoo - Same here CQR - mailing tomorrow. Since I work, I can't tap my toes waiting for the mail.
DN Ill tap for you ...... lol ..... am so anxious to see .......

:thumbup: :D
Old 07-18-2011, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Needlegrammy
TammyB your DQ is on it's way.
Oh, yippy, can't wait! Send a little sun with it too, please!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Patticake
Originally Posted by Lynnie25
Posting my DQ off to Olympia WA today so watch the mail Patticake - it should take about 2 weeks. This Aussie got a little patriotic this month :) :)
I am so excited! I can't wait!
Patticake, didn't realize you were just south of me in Olympia. Cool. I'm located just north of Bellingham near the border. Maybe we'll be paired some month!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 PM

Bonni and Roda, cute quilts. Always love Sunbonnet Sue. And the log cabin is quaint!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:16 AM

That would be fun! :)
Old 07-19-2011, 02:37 AM

Here is the quilt I made for my swap partner. It is called Summer Vacation.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-228716.jpe   attachment-228717.jpe   attachment-228718.jpe   attachment-228719.jpe