Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st >

August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

Old 08-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

FINALLY got my dh to take me to the beach. got there about 7 left about 8 and looked at the big pink moon. vry pretty. Tomorrow, may spend some time with my son, I hope so. I miss him whe ni don't see him. He's a great kid.
working on the hexes, so what else is new. want to work on an appliqued quilt. that's fun. finished the 1600 quilt last night, the top that is. I want to applique a squirrel and some leaves on the front, being it's all browns. Need to go to the library to download some leaf pictures and a squirrel.
air on tonight, too humid.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Power Poster

Hi folks.

Pat got my new water heater in. The other one was really shot. My son really did a great job on it. He and my DH together got it in, and the old one out. Now to get some more things done in the house that need redoing etc.

It seems like Christmas is going to be here before we know it.

Dwina wild blueberries sound yummy. Your desert with molasses sounds yummy too. I keep some molasses, and love it in many things. My favorite time to bake is in the fall when it cools off, and around the holidays.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

I love blueberries, they make any dish taste better,pancakes, muffins, cakes, salads, super yummo.
Susan, up early again???

Today we should get some good photos. Hopefully.
going to IHOP with my son for brunch.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Hi everyone.....any new swaps come in ??? Don't forget the pictures. Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:44 AM

Just went to the mailbox, no package today!!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:04 AM

I just came home and no packages today. It's raining here and very humid. I'd love to be able to say I went to the beach. Here I can only say the lake. I didn't even think to look at the moon. Susan I'm glad you got your water heater in. When they had put my son's in he didn't want to pay an extra $50 to have it taken out so they did it themselves and the plumber didn't even drain the water out (I'm sure on purpose) and he said it felt like it weighed 300 lbs. When I had mine put in I paid the extra. Dwina sounds like you had a great birthday. Imagine a husband buying fabric and kits. What a keeper. The blueberries sound great. Mary I just saw on the tv about the riot in Fergerson Mo. I hope that's not near you. I saw the pic of the convenient store and thought they were showing a pic of Gaza. So bad with all the looting. Lynnie I hope you had a great breakfast/lunch. Everyone have a great day
Old 08-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

Pat that happened by St Louis. I'm several hundred miles away. Thanks for your concern. We are safe and have several rifles and hand guns here which we both know how to use. Hugs Mary
Old 08-11-2014, 12:51 PM

It's really scary out there. Even when I go to Akron I have to be careful as there are so many murders and you just never know. Cleveland is even worse. I used to go there but now I just go near the ritzy suburbs. But there was a restaurant owner that got shot to death from one of his employees and that is right up the street from there. Getting a gun might be the way to go. I'd need a concealled carry. My son is going to Chicago this Friday as his band is playing there and then on to Wisconsin on Sat. He has a gun but I don't think he got his concealled carry yet. I don't know what this world is coming too. Take care
Old 08-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

Yes, my son and daughter in law have guns too, and have the concealed thing to carry. They both have went for training, and both licensed and use the ham radios. We all know the dangers these days.

Stay safe everyone!
Old 08-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Dwina, can you show us your birthday gift. I like pictures! and pics of fabric are super good junk food for me.
Pat, I paid the guy, I'm about 300 feet from the parking lot and another 300 feet from the dumpster. it was worthit for me. Amazing how spiteful they can br at times.
Susan, hows your dad doing?
Mary, glad you know how to use them. DH won't let me get one. Besides, getting one on Long Island (NY) is a difficult one to get. when i wanted one when I was married to the ex, he wouldn't let me get one. he had five, (for the job), but i was always afraid he'd kill me. woke up with a gun in my mouth a few times, I hate the taste of gun metal at 2 Am. it sucks. My son goes to the city (NYC) all the time, and i worry about him. His reasoning is, if you're not looking for trouble, you won't find it. I feel there's something to "being in the wrong place at the wrong time.".
Everyone, stay safe. please.