Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are some of your Childhood memories? >

What are some of your Childhood memories?

What are some of your Childhood memories?

Old 06-21-2011, 04:44 AM

Spending time with my grandma, learning how to sew, crochet, cook & bake. Honestly, the woman was good at everything : )

Making my younger brother & sister play school during the summer and I was the teacher.

Moving from Phoenix to Northeastern PA in February and thinking that I was going to die from the cold (I'm really not dramatic...I believed it!)

Rollerskating (and then trying to switch to ice skating when we moved here), 4 wheels are much easier to stand on than 1 blade : )
Old 06-21-2011, 04:49 AM

Playing Barbies, hid-n-seek with my brothers and sisters and neighbors, going camping with my family, Easter egg hunts on my grandma's farm, Fourth of July parties at our house and shooting of fire works at the end of the evening, how special I felt when my bigger brother let me drive his corvette to work one day when I was 17 many many moons ago. Thanks Crafty Bear for the trip down memory Lane. :lol: :thumbup:
Old 06-21-2011, 04:50 AM

i am sooo emberassed to admit this but....
i remember sitting under the big oak tree and my older brother talking me into trying dog food...

i remember lazy days on the beach ( i grew up in Hawaii )

i remember eating fresh coffee beans as a treat...they are actually good

i remember watching the whales swim by the house
Old 06-21-2011, 05:15 AM

There are too many to list but I think what I like to remember most are the family gatherings that happened at almost every major holiday: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Memorial Day and Labor Day. Birthdays were also family events. Seems like we are so scattered and busy now that those kind of get-togethers are harder to arrange. We did have a pretty good group at Thanksgiving last year(about 40) and on Memorial weekend (27). Glad my kids and grandkids are going to have these memories too.

I think my favorite play activity had to be tree-climbing, I could sit in one of the cherry trees or the old plum tree for hours it seems and just let my imagination go all kinds places.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:28 AM

Camping at the family reunion with all my 20 some male cousins, and me the only girl. Grandpa gathered us up and asked who wanted to fish the river with him. I hung my head while every other cousins hand shot up. I knew Grandpa
was bound to pick a boy from the group and I had no chance of going. I must have been a pitiful sight, cause Grandpa came over to me and asked if I would go with him. Ya coulda knocked me over with a feather. Best fishing trip ever!
Mikki
Old 06-21-2011, 05:42 AM

Thanksgiving Dinner at my Aunt & Uncle's house.

Playing in the snow with my brothers. I guess doing just about anything with my brothers.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:12 AM

Playing kick the can, trick and treat on Halloween, playing baseball,and winter picnics my mom loved it was so much fun eating outside with the snow all around and the only ones in the park the cold never seemed to be a problem to us. Ice skating and sledding.Long drives in the country.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:22 AM

Spending summers with my mom, going through her scrap box, me digging out fabrics for her to make into dresses for my dolls and then us dressing the dolls together. Will never forget those days. Also, mom steaming large pots of fresh caught crabs while us kids shucked corn on the cob and spread out the newspapers on the kitchen table for our feast. (Dad was a crabber in the Chesapeake Bay) Spending time with my friends, riding bikes and playing in the water hose in the back yard. Boy, were those the days. Entertained ourselves all summer long and had no idea what a computer or electronic game was. Wouldn't trade those memories for anything!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:40 AM

Waiting on Saturday morning for my grandfather to pick me up so we could go hiking in the woods and stop at a farm and pick up fresh eggs.

That's it for happy memories and he died when I was 7.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:49 AM

1.Walking and splashing in the fields barefoot after heavy rains with my brothers.
2. Holidays on the farm swimming in the creek.
3. Me alone with my dad having a coke float (coke and ice cream) in the cafe, it made me feel so special being alone with him.
4. To fit a new dress my mother made for me.
5. Playing circus with my brothers and oh, did we laugh!