Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • YOUR quilting "style" >
  • YOUR quilting "style"

• YOUR quilting "style"

Old 06-22-2011, 01:24 PM

Definitely traditional. I love calicoes and repro fabrics. But then there are modern fabrics I like too, mostly flower prints. I mostly hand quilt, but have tied a few and am now machine quilting a throw for the first time. I am only doing it because of the time factor. I like to look at modern quilts but have no desire to make one.
    Old 06-22-2011, 02:08 PM
    Banned

I like a bit of everything. I would have called myself a traditionalist, but that seems to be changing lately. I'm in the mood for wild! Could be a symptom of menopause? Hehe
    Old 06-22-2011, 02:19 PM

I would love to be able to sit down with a 1,000 piece quilt. I love traditional style quilts and scrappy ones, but I work full time and I want to feel like I've accomplished something, so I tend to do the more easy ones like you mentioned.

I have 4 BOM's waiting to be done that are on the difficult side and I just can't seem to find the time to start those.
    Old 06-22-2011, 02:25 PM

I like so much, it's hard to know a clear favorite. I know that I love traditional patterns and my eye goes to them. I also love batiks!! I want to try everything and can't get it all done!
    Old 06-22-2011, 05:37 PM

I do the simple patterns and don't have any desire to do anything more complicated. I like the cleaner look. Things like Baltimore Album quilts are unattractive to me - too much clutter.

I'd rather make lots of simpler quilts than one masterpiece. Just my "style".
    Old 06-22-2011, 05:41 PM

I am most happy when I do applique...machine is what I usually do. Although my plan is to do hand applique also. I just can't get my relaxer to sit long enough to do it.
    Old 06-22-2011, 07:04 PM

I don't think I have a style. I use pictures and block patterns only for inspiration, then do as I please. Fabric pieces are sometimes as small as half inch or as large as a king size whole cloth. Make up quilting designs based on either the quilt itself or my mood. I use whatever fabric catches my fancy and even though I finish quite a few quilts every year only have two in my house (they belong to my grandson) because the quilts are usually sold before they are finished. I just love making quilts.
    Old 06-22-2011, 08:30 PM

i like paper piecing and are drawn to country scenes houses birdhouse scenes etc, i like making wallhanging and smaller quilts. the largest was a twin bed one with mini birdhouses for a friends dad i've known since i was 12 for his 82 birthday. he is 94 now and still shows it off. it is the only thing anyone has made for him and he loves it but won't use it. i found out he sleeps in his recliner now and he put the quilt on his bed.
    Old 06-22-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I love to combine traditional blocks with applique. I have been playing with my new EQ7 and just having a blast. If I do every quilt I designed in EQ7 I will have to live a really long time and I have only had it less than a week.
    I'm with you, traditional blocks with applique, although I have no EQ7. I do all my applique by hand.
    Old 06-22-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by cjtinkle
    I like a bit of everything. I would have called myself a traditionalist, but that seems to be changing lately. I'm in the mood for wild! Could be a symptom of menopause? Hehe
    Or maybe you're just crazy?

:P :lol: