Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone ever hire someone to organize their fabric? >

Anyone ever hire someone to organize their fabric?

Anyone ever hire someone to organize their fabric?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:31 PM

We paid an organizer to help us clean out several rooms, including the kitchen. My advice is to never have someone reorganize your kitchen! I would almost think the same thing about my sewing room, unless you are really, really desperate... I still will reach for something and not have it be where it used to be... On the plus side, my good friend and I traded sewing room cleaning and organizing a couple of times and worked together- that worked out really well.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:52 PM

I don't want Anyone touching my fabric....LOL I would be more than willing to "organize" yours :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

Hi April,
Here's what I did and it worked for me.
I did a little at a time and when it got semi-organized I put things in totes and on those comic book boards. To make it less tedious I brought totes downstairs while I watched the baseball games or a movie and sat and folded and put in the right totes. My DH was great helping me carry it all up and down.
Hope this helps a bit!
Sue
Old 07-14-2011, 03:18 PM

i need a made im trying to organize my stash but haved fout the right storAGE SPace yet still looking though
Old 07-14-2011, 03:35 PM

April, Where do you live? I'm out on Long Island and would love to come give you a hand if you're close enough!!
Debbie
Old 07-14-2011, 03:38 PM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

I'd love to have an excuse to come visit family... are you anywhere near Syracuse?? I love organizing.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:39 PM

Yahoo! Roadtrip! Susan is right, the comic book boards are awesome. I cut them in half to put the fat quarters on, 1/2 yard or more goes on the whole board. (Check e-bay, I paid around $12 for 100, with free shipping.) And I went through 400 without blinking! Once you are done you have your own LQS to play in. Then any new fabric can be folded and filed as you bring it home (and in my case, sneak it past DH!)
Take it a little at a time and have some fun with rediscovering just what you already have at your fingertips. If all else fails, PM me your address! Have fun! Miriam
Old 07-14-2011, 03:48 PM

Miriam - do you have a picture to share? I would love to see how they look.

Kris

Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm
Yahoo! Roadtrip! Susan is right, the comic book boards are awesome. I cut them in half to put the fat quarters on, 1/2 yard or more goes on the whole board. (Check e-bay, I paid around $12 for 100, with free shipping.) And I went through 400 without blinking! Once you are done you have your own LQS to play in. Then any new fabric can be folded and filed as you bring it home (and in my case, sneak it past DH!)
Take it a little at a time and have some fun with rediscovering just what you already have at your fingertips. If all else fails, PM me your address! Have fun! Miriam
Old 07-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Listen you can organize every wk and every wk you have to reorganize...Never seems to stay in the place once you organize...so don't kill yourself it's never ending. Do the best you can...because you'll be doing everywk
Old 07-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Hire a high school kid from the neighborhood.