Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help - FMQ Warm Wishes >
  • Help - FMQ Warm Wishes

• Help - FMQ Warm Wishes

Old 11-13-2011, 12:56 PM

This was not my suggestion, I read it in another thread: For people that like to use tissue paper, use old telephone books. I thought it was a great idea.
    Old 11-13-2011, 01:08 PM

I use Golden Threads paper all the time. I get it at my LQS. I also use stencils (www.quiltingstencils.com). They are inexpensive and have hundreds of designs. I either use a stencil to trace my design on the paper or trace a picture I might see in a book. Then pin the design on your quilt and start stitching. If your design is simple, try stacking sheets of Golden Threads paper under your traced design, then remove the thread from your machine, lower the feed dogs and stitch the design through all the layers of paper. You can stack 10 or more sheets and probably have enough to cover your quilt.
    Old 11-14-2011, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Janette
    I use Golden Threads paper all the time. I get it at my LQS. I also use stencils (www.quiltingstencils.com). They are inexpensive and have hundreds of designs. I either use a stencil to trace my design on the paper or trace a picture I might see in a book. Then pin the design on your quilt and start stitching. If your design is simple, try stacking sheets of Golden Threads paper under your traced design, then remove the thread from your machine, lower the feed dogs and stitch the design through all the layers of paper. You can stack 10 or more sheets and probably have enough to cover your quilt.
    Great tip - thank you.
    Old 11-14-2011, 07:43 AM

I bought a roll of "table paper" from the Dr.'s office. It was pretty inexpensive and I've had it for quite a while. It works great, especially for borders. You just roll out to the length you need, cut it, measure the width you need, cut it, draw your design on it, spray the back of the paper with 505, stick it on and sew away. When you're done, just peel it off. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 AM

WOW....some great tips here.....thanks for all of them...I learn something new and useful everytime I check QB
    Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 AM

I am going to be working on my FMQ so all these tips are really helpful. Thanks everyone!