Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Has anyone bought the QuiltCut? >
  • Has anyone bought the QuiltCut?

• Has anyone bought the QuiltCut?

Old 01-20-2012, 05:16 PM

My friend has one. She was like luv2quilt, it sat in the box for ages. She bought it used from the big quilt show, and never used it. I kept bugging her about it so she let me have it and the video that comes with it and told me to learn how to use it and then teach her. I loved it. I think I'd buy that over the accuquilt. Not that the accuquilt isn't wonderful, the quiltcut is just cheaper.

It is kind of heavy and akward to cart around, so it may be best to find a spot to just leave it.
    Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 PM

I have it and the GO! Love it for strips. fast and accurate.
    Old 01-21-2012, 04:28 AM

I have the original Quilt Cut, bought it long time ago. I use it mostly when I want to cut long border strips that I don't want to piece. I don't have any place to keep it out tho, (have to store it in a closet), and since it's heavy and a bit of a hassle to get to, I sometimes tend to forget about getting it out to use.
    Old 01-21-2012, 03:16 PM

I bought one at our quilt show 3 years ago and use it constantly! I love it!!
    Old 01-21-2012, 04:42 PM

I was able to find a used one for $75.00. Cant wait to get it.
    Old 01-21-2012, 05:12 PM

Wow, I just looked at the video and am going to start saving my pennies. I want one of these!! Cutting accurately is a stress for me as I have arthritis in my hands so bad. I can't hand quilt anymore. Looks like this gadget is the cat's whiskers!!
    Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 PM
    Power Poster

I have one, bought it at Paducah quilt show several years ago. I like it for the safety factor. It does hold the fabric in place and the mat is a great cutting mat. I still have to use a ruler to get the folds perfectly straight for strip cutting or I get the bend in the strips. It has to be on a table that you have access on each side and one end. It's very heavy so you don't need the carrying case. Just save the box, it has a handle. I don't know anyone that has one that totes it around. It is quality made. I use my Go much more then the Quilt Cut but I'm glad I have both.
    Old 01-21-2012, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay
    I was able to find a used one for $75.00. Cant wait to get it.
    I've gotta ask - where did you find it? I am on the "SewItsForSale" Yahoo group and saw your posting in a digest that came earlier today. That is a great deal!!
    Old 01-22-2012, 09:30 AM
    QKO

We've been using a Quilt Cut Pro for all our shop production cutting for over 5 years now. It's well-made, does what it's supposed to do, and really makes production cutting easy, fast and accurate. It also makes cutting a lot safer than with using regular rulers. About the only thing we've done is added the Invisi-Grip non-slip plastic to the bottom of the rulers to make it even better. The one negative is that the Altos mats are not self-healing, so they need replacement once in awhile, but that's probably not a large consideration if you are using the cutter on a small-scale basis and not making hundreds of thousands of repetitive cuts.

BTW, we also bought the bolt rollers and have rarely used them -- so if anyone needs one, PM me for a good deal on one or two of them. :-)
    Old 01-25-2012, 02:31 PM

A nice lady (along with about a dozen others) replied to my post. She had it FEDEX'd to me and it arrived in 2 days. Most were asking $150, a few at $100 and a few more at $199 brand new. I was shocked when she said $75 and even better when I found out it was the QC2. The one offer for $100 was for the "original".

I did notice the closer I was to the seller the cheaper shipping was. If your interested place an ISO post and you will get several replies. See if they are willing to negotiate the price if they are eager to sell.

Originally Posted by DawnFurlong
    I've gotta ask - where did you find it? I am on the "SewItsForSale" Yahoo group and saw your posting in a digest that came earlier today. That is a great deal!!