New Machine! (yay) >

New Machine! (yay)

New Machine! (yay)

Old 03-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Banned

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlvr
Please let us know how you like your Baby Lock. I debated between a low end Baby Lock or a Singer and went with the Singer. I'm kind of kicking myself. The Singer is ok but just ok. I wish I had tried out a Baby Lock first. Didn't realize you could get one for $299. Now I'm really kicking myself.
Don't kick yourself, I'm sure your machine is just as wonderful. I do love it, love it, love it so far. I was frustrated last night with it because it jammed on me and the bobbin would not cooperate. I went to my LQS today and she gave me a lesson on the machine. Turns out it was just the thread-guess it was too heavy. She said it was for hand quilting! Thats a rookie for ya, buying the wrong tools! DH did get a really good deal on the machine, normally they are more as you know. He went to a local sew and vac store that has been family run for 47 years. They are into passing along savings to their customers. According to him the markup on machines are unreal! Let us know how you like your new Singer too!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:09 AM

Gee, I am going to have to clean my treadle and spiff it up. It is nigh on to 84 years old - I still have one of the original leather belts that came with the machine. It works like a charm and I have used it to attach things like binding. I would love to have it clean, shiny, and such as this one is.

It is in a hideous cabinet that is also 84 years old and the veneer is peeling and the black wrought iron legs are really yucky. It was bought when my mother was young by my grandmother. She sewed quilt tops on it and then tied them. She also bound them on this machine.

I guess that I was destined to be a quilter.

Anita
Old 03-25-2009, 05:50 AM

Only 2 machines?!? :) I have a 'few' more.....I have a featherweight (or 2)...which I LOVE...a Bernina, and several treadles...I just can't help myself...if I see a lovely machine at a yard sale/auction...I just can't let it go home with someone else!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:15 AM

Congrats on the new machines. It's always fun to get a new machine. :wink:

I currently have 2 "new" machines - a Baby Lock and a Janome 6600. I also have 6 "old" machines. I have 2 featherweights, and out of all the machines, I prefer to sew on my featherweights. There's something about making a quilt on an old machine !!

In this "collection", I have an 1888 Singer hand crank that is beautiful. It's fully functional, but as you can imagine, I don't sew on that one.

Enjoy your new toys!!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 PM

Speaking of old machines...my grandson and I were cleaning our hte storeroom and found my old toy Singer! It can run by battery or there is an adapter for it. Unfortunately, the instruction book is no longer with it, but I'm not partin' with that baby! I had too much fun with it as a kid! Maybe I can write the Singer company and see if they have old instruction books...

Jojo
Old 03-26-2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by jojo47
Speaking of old machines...my grandson and I were cleaning our hte storeroom and found my old toy Singer! It can run by battery or there is an adapter for it. Unfortunately, the instruction book is no longer with it, but I'm not partin' with that baby! I had too much fun with it as a kid! Maybe I can write the Singer company and see if they have old instruction books...

Jojo
Search the internet. I found lots of manuals for my Featherweight to download. Bet you can find the same for yours! Congrats!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:21 AM

Congrats on your machine. :) I also had (have) a Kenmore and then bought a Babylock. I LOVE it. I didn't want to spend too much as I wasn't sure how much I would use it. I love the ease of sewing so much on it that I usually sew every night after work. Had I known I would love it this much I would have either bought one 10 years sooner! I'm glad I kept my Kenmore - as it's good for some certain stitches - and of course I love it too.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:34 AM

Thanks, Hula...I'll try...and keep everyone posted. it'll be fun to see if my toy Singer still works!

Jojo