Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Getting acquainted and sharing photos of fur babies >
  • Getting acquainted and sharing photos of fur babies

• Getting acquainted and sharing photos of fur babies

Old 08-04-2013, 09:21 AM

What great friends you have. Your Puggle is just too cute. Welcome to the board. Hope to hear more from you about your quilting, fur babies and anything else that makes you, you.
    Old 08-04-2013, 10:32 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Welcome from Western Colorado .. My avatar is our furbaby (a rescue and a lovebug!)..Our kids are grown so she is our only "kid" at home .. LOL Granddaughters love her immensely !
    Old 08-04-2013, 02:14 PM

Another welcome from me. I'm also an animal lover so I can relate. Glad to meet you and I hope you post often.
    Old 08-04-2013, 11:46 PM

We, too, have fur children! Monkey is an 8 yr old pitch black cocker spaniel, kitten is a sable cocker spaniel, 7 yrs old, simon is a twenty year old black Manx cat and tiger is an orange marmalade cat, and our. Baby at 5 yrs old. We have just once left them at a national chain facility with inhumane results. now only family or friends stay with them in our home, now everyone is happier. our animals are all rescues, spayed and neutered. and very loved and we feel they love us, too. i have one grandpuppy, kelsy, who is very sweet. and lives with our son, ddil, and dgd. our dd lives in texas and has no fur-bies, nor does our son in london. we love them all, furry or not! welcome to qb!!
    Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 AM

Welcome from Cleburne, Texas.
    Old 08-05-2013, 01:45 AM

Welcome from Louisiana. YES! We have a rescued whippet/terrier mix male age 3 and a half. Today is my 2nd anni and husband is also named Jerry. Jokingly he said only a dog could come between us and sure enough Jerry dog sleeps between us in the king sized bed. C'est la vie and hugs to you.
    Old 08-05-2013, 02:08 AM
    Power Poster

Hi from Ohio!
    Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief
    Love your babies, your lab looks like my Bridget. I know what you mean about ruling your lives, my hubby and I have also found it much easier to vacation on our own and leave someone at home to mind the critters, I have 5 dogs. 4 cats, 3 standard horses, 3 mini horses and 2 mini donkeys! Talk about running your lives!!! I love the picture of the sleeping together, isn't nice that they love each other!
    Our first dog was Bridget (love that name) ( Pudel Pointer) (My husband's hunting dog). Rog named Bridget, sort of, and also Bess and so I have decided to keep the B names, so next dog (not a puppy - I'm too old for that now) will be a female, same old about 84 lbs (so I don't trip over her). Bridget was named to begin with S.H. (s--- head) (husband's choice), but I said how about Bridget (named after her father Bridger). That was good - so all her papers said S. H. Bridget. Then along came Miss Bess. (A B name) and the next one will be (Rain) Bow. Mainly that name because I know there is always a rainbow, a promise from God, and after everything that I have gone through in the past five months (husband died five months ago and last week my mother died - almost 97), and there will be a rainbow. I loved Bridget. Bridget went to Heaven with Rog (she died the day before 9-11 and was cremated) and Bess will go with me and any others that follow. I figure one or two more if I live to be 97!!!!!!! Can't live without a furbaby. As I speak, she is right here laying on her back. Dorky little dog!!!! Love her to pieces. Have a good day Y'all!!!!! Edie

Last edited by Edie; 08-05-2013 at 04:16 AM.
    Old 08-05-2013, 04:22 AM

Edy, love your story about your Bridget, so sorry you lost your husband. I suggested our Bridget's name to my husband because the beautiful young woman who lost her husband - my husband now has the wonderful young man's heart - her name was Bridget. Our Bridge, a beautiful yellow lab, is as gentle and even tempered as the young woman Bridget. It's almost like God put some of the human Bridget's soul in our Bridget. She's the best fur baby out of our 5.
    Old 08-05-2013, 07:23 AM
    Power Poster

Love your fur babies..I have four dogs myself and could not imagine life without them..