Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • any ideas for quilter gifts? >
  • any ideas for quilter gifts?

• any ideas for quilter gifts?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:49 AM

I had thought of a calendar, but these are great ideas too!
    Old 11-27-2013, 11:56 AM

I think , a little hand made pincushion. I got one at a Retreat & I love it. I will always remember them for this.http://www.quiltingboard.com/newrepl...7319&noquote=1
    Old 11-27-2013, 12:00 PM

How about these pins? Post # 14 You can buy the beads in alphabet sets on eBay. They should come in under a dollar.
    Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 PM

You could make "fat quarter suckers": http://patches.typepad.com/notes_fro...r-suckers.html
    Old 11-27-2013, 12:21 PM
    Power Poster

I make long straight pins and seed beads with alpha beads.
    do the persons name or SEW or QUILT put the beads on the pin
    and use colored seed between the letters
    Old 11-27-2013, 12:23 PM

Decorated covered buttons . With their name or quilt show .
    Old 11-27-2013, 12:37 PM
    Power Poster

This one agency I use to work for had a "White Elephant"/"Chinese Gift exchange". Not quite sure which name it was called. So please not trying to offend anyone. But it went like this. Everyone brings a gift, you can re-gift an unused gift or simply purchase one for no more than $10.00 (that was our limit). Some went over the limit but not by much. There was a gifting table where all the wrapped gifts were placed. Small pieces of paper (sticky notes) were numbered according to the number of people who brought the gifts. 1-20 or whatever. Each person drew a number. Let the game begin.
    #1 choose a gift from the table and unwrap and show everyone. #2 choose from gift table or take from #1. If#1 is taken away then #1 chooses from table again. #3 chooses from either #1or #2 or table. If #3 chooses #2 gift, that gift can no longer be taken. Each gift can only be taken twice. Can get confusing but fun to play. Those who don't want to play don't bring a gift. The gifts can be just like any other gifts in bags or boxes. Just concealed. We also went pot luck! Just find out who's coming and sign up for the menu.
    Old 11-27-2013, 12:42 PM
    Power Poster

Just wanted to add if gift from #2 is taken #2 can choose from #1or from table. Gifts is only allowed to be removed/taken twice. When the gift is taken that party can choose from table
    Originally Posted by tessagin
    This one agency I use to work for had a "White Elephant"/"Chinese Gift exchange". Not quite sure which name it was called. So please not trying to offend anyone. But it went like this. Everyone brings a gift, you can re-gift an unused gift or simply purchase one for no more than $10.00 (that was our limit). Some went over the limit but not by much. There was a gifting table where all the wrapped gifts were placed. Small pieces of paper (sticky notes) were numbered according to the number of people who brought the gifts. 1-20 or whatever. Each person drew a number. Let the game begin.
    #1 choose a gift from the table and unwrap and show everyone. #2 choose from gift table or take from #1. If#1 is taken away then #1 chooses from table again. #3 chooses from either #1or #2 or table. If #3 chooses #2 gift, that gift can no longer be taken. Each gift can only be taken twice. Can get confusing but fun to play. Those who don't want to play don't bring a gift. The gifts can be just like any other gifts in bags or boxes. Just concealed. We also went pot luck! Just find out who's coming and sign up for the menu.
    Old 11-27-2013, 12:52 PM

Just got a good friend a magnetic needle nanny. It is magnetic and she can place it where she leaves her needle for blackwork/redwork/colorwork or binding. It will also be a great pin for a blazer if she wants. Her design is a very small quilt block in metal.

So something with a magnet, a miniture quilt block or logo, and maybe a bell attached so the quilters can easily find their hand needles. Magnets and bells are cheap, then you just need a loop of ribbon and a bonding agent. Really cheap.
    Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 PM

I read here recently that a quilter grew her own cotton for stuffing pincushions, etc.