Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your 2014 to-make list? >

What's on your 2014 to-make list?

What's on your 2014 to-make list?

Old 01-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

I've got a wall hanging that's fused appliqué with 125 leaf buttons to sew on when complete that I'm doing first. Then I'm doing a wall hanging by Judy Niemeyer called Arizona Cactus. After that I'm not sure but will give an honest attempt to construct all the tops that I have the blocks completed.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:27 PM

I'm finishing a wool quilt and quilting a couple of UFOs. After that, I want to make quilts for my two aunts (Falling Charms and a string quilt). I'm also planning quilts (mostly flannel) for nieces and nephews, and I hope to tackle a log cabin for my husband in shades of green! Big plans--we'll see how far I get.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:23 AM

I have a fairly lengthy list-but why not give it a try.
1. I promise not to create any more UFOs by finishing everything I start
2. I do have some UFOs from the past and I will finish one each month until they are gone.
3. I want to start and complete a quilt using Carol Doak's fifty paper pieced stars.
4. I need to make six baby quilts.
5. I have a collection of fabrics purchased four or five years ago that I need to choose a pattern for and do it.
6. Use my scraps to make a log cabin quilt following Judy Martin's book.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:31 AM

My first project of the year will be to finish curtains (four panels that I am quilting for the bedroom). Then, written down on my to-do list is a quilt for my sister in law, one for my brother in law and one for my niece (all three being 52x80 size. Then I'll have to think of something else while I am working on these (one by one). Happy New Year and to all of you in Minnesota and Wisconsin, keep warm and from an old Viking Fan - Go Packi!!!!! Edie
Old 01-05-2014, 05:44 AM

More than anything I'd like to get things I already have started finished and out of here. I seem to get to a point where all the WIP seem to clog up my creative juices and they just have to get finished and go to their new homes before I can do anything else. I do have a couple of new projects in mind, but they're both made from stash. And both of those projects are for me!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
My goal is to finish UFOs and use up fabric on hand. I have enough to do some great charity quillts. Let's see if my plan works. It did not go too well last year. This board did not help me stay on my list. Too many new quilts to try out.
Exactly what I plan on doing. Going through all my fabric and giving some to a friend.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lafpeaches View Post
After finishing may dd bom from the quilt show, will do a lonestar for my son and new daughter-in-law who live in Houston. Hope to finish 4 tops I have done. I am retiring May 30 after 32 years as an RN. So I don't sit around much I plan to
1. Sleep in until 7 am
2. Look at my Ipad. (We got rid of cable) while i drink a cup of coffee.
3. Go for a walk or ride my bike and sit by the bay
4. Quilt for 2-3 hours. Too much longer makes my shoulders ache.
5. Unfortunately will have to fix dinner. Husband does it now (he's not ready to retire).
6. Watch some shows on my ipad streamed to the tv.
7. In bed by 10.
How do you stream from your ipad to your tv. I can do you tube but not other shows.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:43 AM

I had a resolution last year to finish UFO's. I did complete a few, then "fell off that wagon" and started new quilts. Now, I'm not so inspired to complete some of them. I started the Bonnie Hunter Celtic Solstice Mystery that I am WAY behind on, so I purchased the Inklingo to finish it up with, but I am nervous about trying to print on fabric. I'm still on Clue #1 and reverted to doing it paper pieced. The rest of the steps I want to try the Inklingo and see how I like it. In the past months I've purchased an "obscene" amount of batik fabric and Judy Niemeyer patterns, which is my passion to work on after I finish up the CS pattern. So, I'd say complete the CS, then on to JN.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:01 AM

Started a Christmas tree skirt for my daughter on Jan 3 and it's almost done. (I really need to finish something soon!) I got long Velcro strips for the rails of my LAQ machine so that should be a quick finish - if I ever get it started! Finish an "in the hoop" quilt that I started a year ago. And I'm nearly through tubs of scraps that I am using for Project Linus quilts. I'd love to do a Hunter's star quilt, but I have so many other projects that have been following me around for years that I really need to finish. Thanks for starting this thread. Maybe putting it in writing will help me follow through
Old 01-05-2014, 07:11 AM

My daughter came to visit over the holidays and brought a Blooming Nine Patch to quilt. While I did not like the colors, I really liked the pattern and was inspired to put it on my list for the coming year.