Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Wichita Row-by-Row >
  • Wichita Row-by-Row

• Wichita Row-by-Row

Old 07-05-2014, 07:02 AM

Looking forward to getting to some of the shops. I've been totally involved with family since I've been here, of course. Today I might get to slip away a bit. Also need a haircut. Wichita and Vermont are sooooo different! Can't believe the fireworks pandemonium in the neighborhood last night. We only have public displays back home, but our gang had a ball with it all. Neighbors had humongous fireworks, like the ones at public displays. I've been to some LQS here before but this RbR thing is really a draw. Thanks for good ideas!
    Old 07-05-2014, 07:31 AM

No problem, LynnVT! I haven't gotten to do anything further than where I am since I'm visiting and my daughter has 1 car! I'm in Junction City, Kansas and I think I'm going to have to rent a car just to go to any other KS shops. Hubby and son are in WA and they'll hit the shops there and in northern OR for me.
    None of my friends in KS quilt and I didn't want to shop hop alone, but I think that's what I'll have to do. Rent a car for about a week and just go for it a section at a time! I could likely do it in a couple of days but I think I'll spread it out. Wish me luck!!
    Old 07-05-2014, 07:51 AM

Will be doing a bus trip to 6 stores next week to start on my quest for rows.
    Old 07-05-2014, 10:18 AM
    Power Poster

There are no shops close to me at all doing this so a who lives close to many shops who are participating is sending me the patterns. There are so many shops in her area that she can get the pattern several times going to different ones.
    Old 07-05-2014, 03:07 PM
    Power Poster

The completed projects will be on blogs and Facebook. And the patterns will be online, if they are free they will be posted somewhere.
    Old 07-05-2014, 05:41 PM

The other 2 Quilt shops besides Hen Feathers listed in Wichita that are participating in RbR are Material Girls on West Douglas in the Delano district, and Picket Fence Quilt Co on the west side at Maple and Ridge Road. Charlotte's Sew Natural in Newton also has a second shop, Charotte's Bargain Fabrics in the Chisholm Trail Outlet south of Newton, and both are participating.
    Old 07-05-2014, 05:43 PM
    Power Poster

I left out the word friend in my above post. She will be going to the different shops. There are so many shops close to her she has no problem getting one pattern from each shop many of them the same. She won't be copying them but will send me the extras.
    Old 07-05-2014, 05:58 PM
    Power Poster

The patterns will be available for everyone in Oct. Here are the official shop rules: http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/ro...hop-owners.htm
    Old 07-10-2014, 04:09 AM

grammajo-- what are the license plates you talked about for this? Also would like to see the pattern you said you saw.

Thanks
    Old 07-10-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by sustraley
    grammajo-- what are the license plates you talked about for this? Also would like to see the pattern you said you saw.

Thanks
    Click on www.rowbyrowexperience.com. It explains the license plates many of the stores are selling. Somewhere in that website (maybe in comments made by readers) it shows a finished quilt of the back of cars with the plates. I think I also saw the pattern in an online shop. Sorry I'm not more specific, just don't remember.