Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My sewing room-finally! >
  • My sewing room-finally!

• My sewing room-finally!

Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 AM

Yup...I'm waiting for pictures
    Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 AM

Well, you need to learn how to take and upload a picture. Now that you have all of us jealous, we want to see pictures.
    Old 07-29-2014, 11:23 AM

Wow, wow, wow! Lucky you! Sounds wonderful...am so happy that your dream is coming true!

Hmmm....South Dakota....I can be there by early next week! LOL Would love to see pix. As someone else suggested, get one of the "young 'uns" to take the pix with their fancy phone and post them.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. There is a green eyed monster back east here...
    Old 07-29-2014, 12:59 PM

Wow, that sounds a fantastic room and I wish you many many happy sewing hours in it.

Hugs

Caroline
    Old 07-29-2014, 01:06 PM

have a friend take some pics and upload them for us to see
    Old 07-29-2014, 01:44 PM

Sounds so nice, lucky you! ....I keep checking back for pictures though!
    Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 PM

When we moved in the house we are in now, it had 2 huge sets of built in bookshelves. I couldn't even fill one of them. My husband said "It won't take you long to fill them up" I thought he was nuts. It took less than 2 years. Just think with all that room, you can go buy more fabric!
    Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 PM
    Power Poster

Where are the pictures..
    Old 07-29-2014, 04:24 PM

Sounds like it should be a great play room to build quilts in!!
    Old 07-29-2014, 05:36 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewsewchickie
    Howdy everyone!This is my first thread- so here goes! We finally built a 24x24 garage and put my sewing room(same size) above it. 1st, I painted 12" blocks all the way around the room at the ceiling edge, making each block a different quilt pattern. Above the doors and windows,there wasn't room for a 12" block so I painted a panel showing 4 patch on point, flying geese, or the center of the double wedding rings. Kinda like my own Dear Jane! I used my paints from ceramics because of the many shades and then put a clear sealant over the top- so if it gets dirty, it can be washed.I painted the walls, and installed a wood floor.
    Next I acquired a HUGE bookshelf,desk and 4 drawers unit. The 2 row bookshelf holds all my quilt books and my scrap bins. The desk top will hold my serger. My husband created drawer dividers for each of the 4-20"x20"x10" drawers.Each drawer can be divided into 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 sections-which holds lots of material.
    This week, we purchased 10 drawer sections @ an auction. Each drawer section had 2 drawers that are 20"x20"x8". 2 of the drawer sections had drawers 10" deep. We repainted both the metal and the pressed board parts, hobbled 2 sets together, and installed a 3/4" varnished wood top. This is now the perfect size for window seats or benches. On the 2 sets of drawers that were deeper, My husband built a wood frame under 1 set to make it the same height as the other sets-complete with the wood top. The last set, we added the hard wood top and put it beneath the tv entertainment center.In the event that I actually have more relatives then beds, these drawer sections can be moved together and another bed is created. I purchased slabs of 4" foam for the top of the benches and am currently making cushion covers.
    My husband thinks I will have more material room than I need and won't have enough material to fill the drawers. Such a silly man! If he only knew how much was squirreled away! I can't wait to finish getting my sewing machines,cutting tables & everything else moved in, set up & ready to go. Nothing is going into that room til it has a home. I am even taking care of my scraps by sorting or cutting into the sizes needed or wanted before those are in the new room. My husband thinks it will take another 20 years before it is used the way it should be. My planning has taken me 15 years, as the garage was the last to be built. Then,only 5 years to get this far!(1 year just to draw & paint my dear jane squares) So I think I'm on the down hill slide to being done and I'm so excited I'm sure it won't take me 20 years! So.....Again-----such a silly man!
    I really wish that I had the capabilities to take pictures,upload and include with this! Because I am more proud than a puffed peacock! So............. if you're in the neighborhood-stop in- and you can see it for yourself! Thanks for letting me brag!
    boy, do you remind me of: ME!
    you can describe things in great detail and have a lot of patience...
    except when it comes to things like - computers, and computers and cameras
    Your sewing room sounds great.
    After two years I am still decorating and organizing mine, but I have no
    way to put pics on board...yup, lots in common