Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilt It Today Magazine >
  • Quilt It Today Magazine

• Quilt It Today Magazine

Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 PM

I bought 2 subscriptions in April, one for myself and one for my sister, we have never received an issue. I emailed them the end of June, was told issues would arrive July 18th, nothing, now the subscription links don 't work, ph numbers don't work. I did send email to editor, no reply. Left message with publisher, no reply, even said we would be happy with a year's worth of past issues.. Called credit card company, was told they needed to be notified in 60 days in order to be able to do anything. My first email in June to the magazine would have been within the 60 days but since they said it was coming I didn't call credit card co.
    Old 09-11-2014, 06:32 AM
    Power Poster

see this thread http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...t-t253374.html
    Old 10-15-2014, 08:02 AM

I have tried e-mails to all addresses that I can find and called all phone numbers that are listed - and no response to anything. I subscribed when the magazine first came out, and my subscription doesn't run out until April of 2015. Would love to know if anyone is able to actually contact them.
    Old 10-15-2014, 04:54 PM

Hi mspatche,
    I think we are all of of luck. No one seems to be able to contact the magazine or to receive any answers back from phone messages or email. I'm thinking maybe we should all contact the Consumer Protection Agency in NJ where Valu-Publishing is located. 973-504-6200
    Old 11-03-2014, 02:54 PM

At the same time as the All American Crafts bankruptcy was filed, two other publishing companies operating from the same address and also owned by the Cohen family also filed chapter 7 liquidation bankruptcy. Valu Media LLC and Nexxt Generation Media LLC were the publishers of Barbeque America, Quilt It Today, Sew It Today, Crochet 123, Knit 123, Kids Crafts 123, Bead It Today, Stitch It Today, and Paint It Today. Those two companies combined have nearly a million dollars in debt, and less than $100k in assets.
    Old 11-20-2014, 08:20 AM

I just spoke to the woman that used to be the vice president of the company. They are definitely no longer in business.
    Lost money on advertising in two of their magazines........

Vivian D.
    Old 12-10-2014, 10:26 AM

Yep...I have been scammed too!!! Subscribed to this magazine until April 2015 and tried to change my address in September, just received the change of address back as "address not valid." Phone numbers have been disconnected and sure the email I sent will come back too. You would think they would at least have the courtesy to let their customers know. It's not a ton of money to lose...but like many others think I am just going buy at the store from here on out. UGH!